• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Kingdom32

• Dana W

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to be clear, are you looking for someone to create a CAD drawing of your object, or are you looking for help creating the CAD file yourself? If the former, then you'll have to provide the dimensions of the object.

Just to be clear, are you looking for someone to create a CAD drawing of your object, or are you looking for help creating the CAD file yourself? If the former, then you'll have to provide the dimensions of the object.
And a bunch of them, that short side looks like about 5 arcs to me. Maybe it could be an optical illusion but it does not appear flat. The curved apex between the long sides looks like it may have more than one arc, as well.

How did you arrive at that figure? Did you draw it using measurements, or trace around some sort of pattern?

Hi yes I drew around the template of the actual finish example I have.

The short side is like a slight arc from top to bottom.

If anyone can look at it and create a cad drawing id be very appreciative.

image.jpg

I can barely make out the numbers shown in the above image.

There is no data regarding the radii of any of the curves. Are we just going to guess? How do you expect a good fit if we have to guess at information?

There is no view of the object showing its height or thickness. It would be helpful to have a profile of the object. Ideally sketches showing the top, front and side views (fully dimensioned) would be most helpful.

Given the paucity of information provided I'd venture to say that making the deadline is not going to happen. Do you have a backup plan?

In the future, when you have a project similar to this to do it is best not to wait to the last moment to seek help.

Here is my suggestion. Find out if you can send the physical pattern you have to the company that is going to be making the part, and pay them to find a way to get it into cad and be done with it.

I have been watching this thread for 24 hours now and it has become apparent that someone has to get to the meat of the issue.

My comments are not personal, of course. I do not mean to be insulting or hurtful. Rather I am trying to be helpful.

You may not have the experience at the moment to communicate technical information properly, nor enough understanding of the manufacturing process to be aware of what is required to get a cad drawing done accurately. If a drafter were provided with complete and accurate dimensional information of all the lines and curves of that object, it would take no more than 5 or 10 minutes to complete a 2D mechanical drawing of it.

What we need to know in exact measurements:

1. The precision level required, or how many decimal places required in the dimensions.
  2. Exact length of each straight line.
  3. Exact angle between the two straight lines.
  4. location of each curve's radius center point.
  5. length of each curve's radius.

In order to acquire the dimensional information of the template you traced, the template will have to be physically measured with the same precision level required to manufacture the final part. Simply tracing around the template, adds an error factor to the overall size of the object equal to 2 times the distance between the template and the point of the drawing instrument.

In the actual design process, lets say of a vehicle, the same Cad drawing would be the origin point for both the size of this "lens cover", and the opening it is to fit into, so there would be no difficulty in the fit of either one.