Revit Handrail Profile

addesigns

Is there a way to make a profile (graspable handrail) that is not actually the top rail cantilever past the end of the stairs? I know I can edit the toprail to do whatever I want but is is possible for a profile that is part of the handrail or is that just wishfull thinking?

Yes, you do this in the Post Family for your start and ends, instead of trying to have "only" the handrail extend past. Just set the offset and elevation of the end handrail exactly the same. When you edit the Railing Type, you choose this Post Family as your start and/or end and it'll match up.

Attached is a Railings example file that a friend of mine has... 90% of it is stock Autodesk content but at least it gives you a good file to learn from.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4989089/Railings.zip

Notice some of the posts that have the custom ends on them. Only difference is you'd offset this "end piece" to align with the handrail instead of the guardrail.

Hope this helps. :)