Printing utility for HP Designjet 510

Bogbadbob658

I'm looking for a printing utility to use with a HP Designjet 510 plotter which will allow me to print a pdf scaled accurately and that allows me to define a specific area of the pdf to be printed. I have a number of pdf's that are A1 and I need to scale them up by 200% so they won't fit onto an A0 sheet. Adobe Reader allows you to scale them up but doesn't allow you to pick the area you want to print. The same goes for HP Instant Printing.

If it allows processing on the computer rather than the plotter all the better as I don't have a lot of memory on the plotter.

......Adobe Reader allows you to scale them up but doesn't allow you to pick the area you want to print.

That is strange. In my Adobe Reader, I can zoom into an area, or set the zoom factor and scroll.

Then in the Pages to Print section of the Print dialogue box, click on the More Options, and you can print Current View.

PrintCurrentView.JPG

I agree with Eldon, I had a private thing and needed a Pdf of an exact size, to fit a table top laminated, so just played with scale factor till exact size. Laminated and put on table impressed a number of people. Even print to a new pdf image required then reprint at scale.

Although your solution wasn't quite the answer as using the 'fit' option overrides the scale but by using the print current view did help as I was then able to roughly pick the area needed and then by setting the scale it printed what I needed.

Thanks for your help

One can always use windows snipping tool and clip then print a new PDF with PDF forge (PDF creator or PDF architect )free version from the web.

Or paste in paint and print the pdf from program above.

HTH