How to Copy Families from One Project to an Other

FIFTHTEXAS

HI

can anyone tell me the best way to load a group of families from one project to another?

what is best procedure?

I have a plantroom with mechanical equipment all items I need to put into another project

how do I load families

thanks

There's no way to do this in a batch form for Loadable Families. This is why most Revit users will keep a very organized directory structure on a network of all company-specific Family content. This is the central source that everyone works from. And if you create project specific Families, it's good practice to keep them updated in this location so you can easily load them into future projects.

Actually, my first post wasn't entirely accurate. Certain things *can* be transferred in batch if you use the Transfer Project Standards tool under the Manage Tab. Things like... Pipe Fittings for all Pipe Types that are defined. Things to that nature.