Lofting to obtain 3D solid

Hrcko

LoftIt1.PNG

Reproducing just your first and last profiles using a 3DPolyline then lofting resulted in this solid.

Some of your geometry is, how shall I say this, not too well constructed.

Badprofiles.jpg

You used a combination of lines and 3Dpolylines to create your profiles as you can see in the image above. Each profile is not continuous.

BTW...if you loft two lines you'll end up with a surface not a solid.

Well now that you know the problem you can fix it. When you are done post an image of the final 3D model.

You're entirely welcomed. :)

There is nothing really to investigate. Using the 3Dpoly command trace over each of your existing profiles. Do this on a different layer (using a different color) and lock the layer the existing profiles are on while you work. The whole process should only take a couple of minutes.

I have 9 frames, the first one iz slant and I could not include it in lofting. The idea was to include all 9 frames.

Koljeno001.jpg

Koljeno003.jpg

I have not complete solid. What could be the best solution?

In my first post I used the first and last profiles for lofting with no problem. As mentioned previously I also redrew both using a 3D polyline.

I have 9 frames, the first one iz slant and I could not include it in lofting.

Normally the best loft would be with 2 profiles and 4 guide curves in for something like this.

Since your first and second profile are significantly different I might include both of those for a total of three in this case, but certainly not 9.

Discontinuities (non-smooth transitions) will be a problem with any single application loft attempt. Based on some of the construction geometry in your file there seems to be a design intent that places importance on smooth sides – something not as apparent in the image.

If that is the case I’d be inclined to use lofts to generate surfaces for slicing a solid. See example.

Peta_Mod.dwg