Panel Schedule Main Types

Bharlow1986

Im trying to get my Panel Schedules to report the "main type" as MLO or MCB. I went into the panel drawing and inserted the field (?pnlmntype) i refreshed and updated my panels and it still wont show up in my panel schedules. Thots?

Edited by Bharlow1986

A guy awhile back was not happy with the stock stuff either. He did get things to the way he liked. I wanted to ask him to share but I didn't.

I just tried for an hour to make the changes you are looking for, but was unable to. I copied the style drawing for panel schedules and then copied one of the tables in the drawing. When I add a new row and cell for main type, Amep crashed three out of three times. I must be doing something it doesn't like, because Amep rarely crashes for me. When I edit one of the existing fields to show main type it always goes back to the stock template when refreshed. It also does that in a test drawing. maybe the only thing left is to start completely from scratch?

AEC schedules are so much easier/better, there must be a good reason why they are not used for panel schedules, otherwise it does not make sense. On the bright side one of the stock templates does have a field for main type. I guess you just don't like the way the rest of the template is set-up?

Let me know if you figure it out.

Instead of using the "AEC Panel" Field Category, I got it to work by using the "Objects" Field Category. When you select this option, then select the subsequent Option under Field Names, there's a Select button next to Object Type. Use this to select the Panel, then it gives you "Main Type" as a Field Property which populates the information.

Hope this helps. :)

MLO_MCB.png

So the whole reason im having trouble is because in older v ersions of acad the stock panel schedules didnt calculate correctly, the way we needed. So we made our own that did what was needed. So we used that for a few years and finally autocad fixed it, either release 13 or 14. So now we can use the standard imperial style panel schedule except whenever i use it it has all the info except for the panel main type. i have no idea why

I tried using the OBJECT and it worked but is it just for that drawing? In my panel schedule table styles (imperial) dwg i dont have any panels to select.

I tried using the OBJECT and it worked but is it just for that drawing? In my panel schedule table styles (imperial) dwg i dont have any panels to select.
As far as I can tell, yes - only for that drawing. I have no idea why the AEC objects aren't calculating. Maybe the stock panel MvPart wasn't created correctly... this would be my first guess as to why it's not populating. Have you tried making a panel from scratch?

Might even warrant a ticket to Autodesk themselves to see if they can't uncover the problem.