convert pdf to acad

rookie37

This is for profile cutting. I cut steel with laser or with a water jet. The program I have seen that converts pdf to dwg does it in raster and isn't accurate enough. Some of our customers draw a design or something like a horse head in photoshop. We then have to cut out the decorative pattern.

Unfortunately customers will continue to create their masterpieces in many different ways meaning you will always be faced with the challenge of converting their files from a format that works for them to one that not only works for you but is accurate as well while still maintaining the original design intent.

What program are you using now?

Adobe Illustrator I believe can open Photoshop and save to dxf. Not free though

Inkscape is free and will do the same.

You should have mentioned you were converting raster PDFs, most PDF to DWG convertors are for Vector PDFs.

If the customers leave them as image files, Autodesk has Raster Design which converts Raster to AutoCAD objects.

Indeed it works great i did a test and it's just a matter of scaling it to the good proportion and it should do the trick.

Test was done with no scale from pdf but did run a spot check on angle and it's perfect.

It will test it further with a scaled drawing.

ty for the link SLW201

Yes you can, but the only supported PDF file which have been converted from DWG to PDF format.

You cant convert image file from camera or simply captured from print-screen button to DWG file.

Your PDF should be similar to the image attached below.

PDF-DWG-CONV.jpg

This link not working. When I clicked on the Browse tab nothing happen.
Works fine for me. Try another browser, like Chrome or Firefox. However, I never buy or download anything from a website that cannot proofread their own grammar mistakes. It's pretty bad when they let glaring grammar errors slide in the Hook Line.

• 2 weeks later...
I use Print2CAD & very good its is to, well worth its price, does more than just convert pdfs to.

I use this one, too. Found it about six years ago, even go corporate to splurge on a license for all our CAD people (20+).

Couple of things about this program:

-it will only cleanly convert an original pdf. If it is a scan of a blueprint or something else, you will get a bunch of squiggly line nonesense.

-it won't convert to scale, BUT, if there is a dimension line on the pdf or know of a lines dimension, you can scale it up easily. I can't believe how much time this program has saved me. The license paid for itself within less than a dozen conversions.

Can't you simply request a dwg file from the owner of the Intellectual Property?

Sure, you can, but if the owner doesn't want to share this, or is asking for a fee, this conversion saves you a bunch of hassle and cash. We have a couple of architects that charge for everything that they send out, but this program ended our cash flow to them.

Couple of things about this program:

-it will only cleanly convert an original pdf. If it is a scan of a blueprint or something else, you will get a bunch of squiggly line nonesense.

-it won't convert to scale, BUT, if there is a dimension line on the pdf or know of a lines dimension, you can scale it up easily.

The first item, no pdf converter will convert a raster image file very well. Second item, If it can't maintain the scale there is no way i'd pay one thin dime for it. It is simply nonsense to have to deal with that.

Another thing, if the architect or general contractor charges for dwg files, then that cost gets covered by the bid.

The first item, no pdf converter will convert a raster image file very well. Second item, If it can't maintain the scale there is no way i'd pay one thin dime for it. It is simply nonsense to have to deal with that.

Another thing, if the architect or general contractor charges for dwg files, then that cost gets covered by the bid.

For my job, it has paid for itself tenfold. Also, trying to get architects and gc's to give us stuff for free is sometimes quite a chore. We even had one where to get the dwg, we had to drive to their office, (an hour and a half away), hand deliver a check, and they gave it to us on a cd. No, they would not email it or give it to us for free. We DID have a job 10 years ago that we absolutely needed the dwg, and the arch was trying to charge us $300 for it. We finally went to the end customer and told them what was going on and they made the arch give it to us. That doesn't work every time.