Block w. Array

jalba

I'm trying to create a block of a rectangle that when stretch vertically (using a linear paramter), the inner horizontal line will array and i get the desired result (see third sketch). However, the array action causes a situation as per second sketch.

What is the best option (if any) to solve this?

Have a look at this dwg it has dynamic blocks that as you stretch it creates multiples at the correct spacing.

[ATTACH]48596[/ATTACH

While I agree that it does array at equal dimensions, that block design, if applied to my design, will still result in sketch #2.

just to get this clear, you want the block to array at a set distance but once it has arrayed, you want the distance between the rungs to be equal to each other.

I think you can do either equal distances with a set number of rungs or a variable number of rungs at a set distance. I am unaware of a way to achieve what I think you want.

"you can do either equal distances with a set number of rungs"....this is what I want to achieve.

I know it's a complete puzzle. Sorry :(

If you know the nnumber of rungs then you need to look into geometric constraints. You can set dimensions to be equal to each other and allow the overall length to be determined by the distance parameter.

Don't ask me to do it though. I haven't explored constrains enough to know how to use them.

oops, just seen you are on 2010. I'm not sure when they were introduced although it might have been by then.

actually, I've just remembered another way. You can use a move action and change the multiplier for each move action.

[ATTACH]48603[/ATTACH]

Interesting.

hmmm....how can I apply the dimension change to array? hmmmmmm