Anyone used the Autodesk Vehicle Tracking with AutoCAD yet?

MrTapir

as the subject header. We've got Savoy AutoTRACK 10, just wondering if its like that. I downloaded the 30 day trial but it wont work as it says I havent got the correct licence weirdly. Some of the toolbars look similar.

I haven't used it yet although it is exactly like AutoTrack as Autodesk purchased AutoTrack from Savoy. I.e. it is basically AutoTrack and they have just renamed it. You won't be able to renew your subscription for AutoTrack in the future and will have to instead use Autodesk Vehicle Tracking or something else (e.g. AutoTurn).

AutoTrack works well though so we'll continue with it and get it under its new name when the time comes.

• 6 months later...

We've upgraded from AutoTrack 12 (ATR) to ADesk Vehicle Tracking (AVT) with no noticeable difference.

One thing worth bearing in mind is that AVT doesn't include all of the ATR libraries (most significantly for us the European one's missing) so it may be worth your while making a note of where they are on your system so that you can import them into AVT.

dJE

• 1 year later...

anyone know if any of these have a track for mobile cranes? we have a grove 5220 with multiple steering axles, so its quite difficult to try to match it to other trucks.

There are three mobile cranes in the European Library if you can get to it (it used to be included in the old Savoy AutoTrack install, has been removed from the Autodesk version but is still compatible).

dJE

The 400 tonne crane (8 axles) in the library is a bit bigger than the Grove 5220 (5 axles), but you could probably edit the vehicle to come up with a good representation. THe crane in the library has the 3 front axles and the 2 rear axles as steering.

The 400 tonne crane (8 axles) in the library is a bit bigger than the Grove 5220 (5 axles), but you could probably edit the vehicle to come up with a good representation. THe crane in the library has the 3 front axles and the 2 rear axles as steering.

thanks MrTapir

i cant find it in the library, i type in crane and nothing comes up

There are three mobile cranes in the European Library if you can get to it (it used to be included in the old Savoy AutoTrack install, has been removed from the Autodesk version but is still compatible).

dJE

thanks Dan

any idea where i could find this please?