How to drawing Taper Pipe Threads ?

Hi guys.

In engineering drawing, how to drawing taper external pipe thread & taper internal pipe thread ?

Taper Pipe Threads.jpg

Taper Pipe Threads2.jpg

eg. drawing RC1/4 taper external pipe thread & taper internal pipe thread

I need a sample. Who can help me? TKS

I would show them using a simplified representation. See page 394 of "Engineering Drawing and Design" edited by David Madsen. It is the thread note that completely identifies the thread to be used so a simple representation should suffice.

+1 to Remark. The little sketch furnished you shows one way to represent them graphically, although it is not very good. Then you just attach a leader with the thread nomenclature (description)

Nobody, but nobody actually draws the threads on shop drawings, at least not on somebody else's dime. Just use a solid line for the diameter of the hole, or surface of the pipe, and a hidden line for the thread depth, and the hidden line doesn't even have to be all that accurate. Threads are like windows and doors, standardized. The machinist only needs to know where, how long and what type of thread.

Unless you are doing a custom, one-off prototype fitting with special alien threads, there is no need to draw them. They take almost as much time to draw as the rest of the drawing.

Here are a couple pictures of how to represent threads, just add a descriptive leader. These images are all internal threads. For external threads, of course everything is reversed.

other threads.gif

threads.jpg

I know the simplified . but,I need true.
That would have been nice to know up front.

I googled this > RC1/4 taper external pipe thread and came up with the attached pdf in roughly 5 seconds as opposed to the nearly 21 hours the forum has taken.

Does this chart help?

Tapered pipe threads.pdf

Edited by Dana W

That would have been nice to know up front.

I googled this > RC1/4 taper external pipe thread and came up with the attached pdf in roughly 5 seconds as opposed to the nearly 21 hours the forum has taken.

Does this chart help?

Dana, Thank you! I know the parameters,but I don't know how to draw it.

Dana, Thank you! I know the parameters,but I don't know how to draw it.

And that's why simplified representations are allowed/encouraged.

I know the parameters,but I don't know how to draw it.

Give it an attempt and then attach your attempt (*.dwg file please) here.

Have you covered the line command in class?

What about fillet?

Array?