Missing Standard Hatch Patterns To Choose From

gsksun4

Got 2014LT today and trying out new things. Hatch does not show existing typical patterns to choose from. In fact when I click on hatch, I get several small windows I have to X out of before I can get the standard hatch window. "acadlt.pat", can't find file, error, no standards available, error in reading the pattern file. I X out of all these, then the Hatch and Gradient window opens, but the usual patterns under type and pattern offer nothing.

Any suggestions. All other AutoCAD's I've used already had this built in.

Glenn

2014LT

Believe me when I say LT 2014 shipped with the same standard hatch patterns as many of the previous releases. I know because there is a copy running on a coworker's computer I'm helping him to learn. We covered the use of hatches yesterday; everything worked fine.

I second what SLW210 said re: REPAIR. Try that first before abandoning all hope.

Believe me when I say LT 2014 shipped with the same standard hatch patterns as many of the previous releases. I know because there is a copy running on a coworker's computer I'm helping him to learn. We covered the use of hatches yesterday; everything worked fine.

I second what SLW210 said re: REPAIR. Try that first before abandoning all hope.

Thank you both for the reply. IT is on the case and I'll report back. My coworker with 2014LT for about 3 weeks so far, has not had this issue.

Well good luck with that. If you had admin rights to your own computer you'd be done by now.

It turns out the Support file search path couldn't find acadlt.pat. It's now in the support folder and working fine.

I still have my notes from the 2009LT upgrade, but things are different with these ribbons. I wouldn't mind the adjustment so much, but my command alias' don't work. I'll review the CUI notes I guess.

AutoCAD managed to misidentify the path upon installation? Odd.

Re: acad.pgp. Sure you replaced the right one?

AutoCAD managed to misidentify the path upon installation? Odd.

Re: acad.pgp. Sure you replaced the right one?

The hatch problem is fixed. The acadlt.pat for hatches wasn't in the search path.

I'm dealing with the hot keys now. Like "L" for line, etc. The .pgp file list I have printed out shows "LI" for list, and comes up unknown command. I also have 2014LT, so LT does have limitations, but these are simple tasks. I can get to the CUI window, but that's for toolbars, no?

I'm really slow at this upgrade stuff and I'm actually acclimating to 2014LT via a remote connection PC so I can still do my work.

We are talking about the acad.pgp file not the CUI. They are two distinctly different things. "L" for Line and "LI" for List do show up in the acad,pgp file for LT 2014.

We are talking about the acad.pgp file not the CUI. They are two distinctly different things. "L" for Line and "LI" for List do show up in the acad,pgp file for LT 2014.

ReMark, when I type L, a small gray window pops up with a list of L commands, line, list, layer leader, etc.

I'd like to just type L for line etc. Maybe AutoCAD LT just works that way.

What's stopping you from pressing Enter after you have typed "L"?

From your AutoCAD LT 2014 Help file:

Enter the command alias (a shorter, alternate name that is stored in the .pgp file) and press Enter.

What's stopping you from pressing Enter after you have typed "L"?

From your AutoCAD LT 2014 Help file:

Enter the command alias (a shorter, alternate name that is stored in the .pgp file) and press Enter.

When I type L, right click mouse button for return, unknown command comes up in the command line.

If I type L and not click return that gray box comse up with all the L commands. Maybe 30 of them.

It's typing L, then picking the command again.

OK, I'm thinking it's the mouse right click return setting. When I type L and hit enter on the keyboard, the PGP file works.

I type L, right-click, and the Line command starts. If I type C, then right-click, the Circle command is invoked.

There is nothing stopping you from typing "L", let the auto-complete box pop up (ignore it), then press the Enter key or Space bar and you are in the Line command.

I type L, right-click, and the Line command starts. If I type C, then right-click, the Circle command is invoked.

There is nothing stopping you from typing "L", let the auto-complete box pop up (ignore it), then press the Enter key or Space bar and you are in the Line command.

I see what you're saying. The coworker with 2014LT was here and told me the remote connection I'm using to my new PC is probably the issue.

It's now working with the way you described and I believe when we do away with that remote connection, that will be lot faster to deal with.

Just a matter of getting used to it in time.

Thanks ReMark for always being there when needed.

Glenn

I'll be conducting training on LT 2014 with my coworker. I double check how his program works compared to yours. If I see any differences I will post back.

I don't see how the remote connection could be a problem other than speed of response. What program is being used?

I'll be conducting training on LT 2014 with my coworker. I double check how his program works compared to yours. If I see any differences I will post back.

I don't see how the remote connection could be a problem other than speed of response. What program is being used?

IT says the program is RDP.

That program should not affect the core functionality of LT (i.e. - commands/features). It could cause a lag in response time but there could also be other factors influencing that as well.

That program should not affect the core functionality of LT (i.e. - commands/features). It could cause a lag in response time but there could also be other factors influencing that as well.

The remote connection is temporary, but adjusting to ribbons is frustrating for now. Learning curve. The other user with 2014LT is a natural, but he's in another building and having trouble with the remote to my machine.

I'm going to have to rely on CadTutor. I'm a slow learner and I'm also adjusting to Windows 7, from XP.

All my notes with the upgrade to 2009LT are for toolbars, but I feel I need to adjust to the ribbons, which seems to be the future for cad.

I'm so glad you folks are here.

You can still utilize toolbars. I happen to like the one for Viewports so it is the only one that is showing. You can also run 2014 in Classic mode (without the Ribbon) if you are so inclined.

The jump from WinXP to Win7 should not be that traumatic. Had you gone to Win8 then you would have cause for frustration.

You can still utilize toolbars. I happen to like the one for Viewports so it is the only one that is showing. You can also run 2014 in Classic mode (without the Ribbon) if you are so inclined.

The jump from WinXP to Win7 should not be that traumatic. Had you gone to Win8 then you would have cause for frustration.

I'm familiar with the classic mode, bottom right, that little gear icon. I'm determined to get this ribbon thing though, so I'll be posting as I go forward.

Thanks as always.