Cannot plot with styles

marla468

I have AutoCAD 2014 on a Mac. I DO NOT have Options under tools, so I cannot change my plot style to appear when I print. I have created a plot style with lineweights, but when I go to print, I do not get the dialog box with all my choices, just a regular "print" information, soi my lineweights, plot style, etc are not shows... I remember decades ago I had a similar problem, I had to make the machine believe I had a plotter... how do I do that? Do I need to upload something? Please help... Thank you!

This is what I found in the online AutoCAD for MAC Help:

Note: On the Mac, you cannot specify a plot style table for new drawings. You can plot drawings with plot styes already defined in them, but you cannot modify the plot styles or create new ones.

This was for 2011. Seems like you will have to edit the Lineweights in the Layer Manager if this is still true for 2014.

Okay wait, now you have me confused... are you saying you don't have Options in the Plot Dialog Box (which expands the Plot Dialog to show Plot Styles), or are you talking about the Tools Menu > Options which are the AutoCAD general options?

Does the Mac version have a command line? Can you type LA and hit Enter and it brings up the Layer Manager?

*EDIT*

Layers: http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2011/ENU/filesACRMAC/WS1a9193826455f5ff48797373129818cf425-7ffc.htm

I cannot find a decent AutoCAD for MAC help higher than 2011.

Yes, I have the Layers Manager, but that does not help me with the printing, since I cannot set up line weights and grayscale, correct? How can I set up the line weights so that it prints a nice looking floor plan? Thank you in advance!

One trick is to use an RGB color instead. Pick any gray RGB color for the layer(s) you need and it will print "screened" since RGB colors are ignored by a Plot Style.

After you type PLOT can you post here a screen grab of the plot screen something sounds wrong that you can not use various pen tables. This is a manual way of creating plot styles.