Basic question about offset plane on sketch in Inventor 2014

Sengna

I am still new for learning how to work with plane in sketch. I forgot to offset plane until i finished this close profile show in blue, is there a way that i can move the close blue profile up to the red profile where it supposes to be? if not what other solution i can do? thanks for advice.

Practice Modeling.jpg

You could do that in several ways, but I recommend not creating any extra geometry.

Attached is one technique[ATTACH]48792[/ATTACH]

Thanks for quick reply JD, busy at the moment I will learn the way you did.

As you get more experience you can find clever ways to simplify geometry - see this revision.

You will never see me create a workplane if the Origin workplanes can be used.

Bracket_Rev1.ipt

As you get more experience you can find clever ways to simplify geometry - see this revision.

You will never see me create a workplane if the Origin workplanes can be used.

[ATTACH]48794[/ATTACH]

Oh Wow! you have used revolved tool, i am not that far yet but this is one of the tool that i want to get into in nearly future. That's awesome on sketch 2 that you have simplified them, i was thinking about it but i had a tough time to extrude them since they are not on the same plane. Hope i get there some day.

I had a hard time extruded the profile under the cylinder hole, i pick the closed profile but it won't let me extrude, Is this something to do with shared sketch?

shared sketch.jpg

I am still new for learning how to work with plane in sketch. I forgot to offset plane until i finished this close profile show in blue, is there a way that i can move the close blue profile up to the red profile where it supposes to be? if not what other solution i can do? thanks for advice.

why the blue profile didn't project to where the red profile where it need to be? Should i offset the plane?

Sketch1 is not fully constrained. I recommend you start here

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?85808-Inventor-101

(actually, it is Sketch2, I don't know what happened to Sketch1)

My guess is that you use Mirror to copy one of the angled tangent lines.

I am going to recommend that you (almost) never use mirror of sketch geometry.

Sketch1 is not fully constrained. I recommend you start here

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?85808-Inventor-101

(actually, it is Sketch2, I don't know what happened to Sketch1)

My guess is that you use Mirror to copy one of the angled tangent lines.

I am going to recommend that you (almost) never use mirror of sketch geometry.

. I fix sketch 2 and it's fully constrained now. Yes i did mirror the angled tangent lines but i believe that what the tool is for.

..... but i believe that what the tool is for.

For now, believe me when I tell you not to use that tool till you gain more experience. You do not have enough experience yet for my to explain - so you have to take my word for it. (actually, you don't have to take my word - you just generated a sketch that proves it doesn't do what you expect, you just don't know why)