Find text inside dimension and amnote

suresh_070379

Hi,

if i use FIND command, it is not active on the values inside the dimensions and AMNOTE texts.

To enable this, is there any system setting are avaiable or any other command is available.

For example, lenth of the shaft is 1500mm and if that dimension is available on the particular drawing,

if i type FIND command and type 1500, it is not showing the particular dimension.

kindly provide the solution.

Suresh

If you expand the OPTIONS in FIND & REPLACE you can set it up to search whatever you want it to,

and to disregard those you do not want searched and or changed, as shown in the screen snip.

Find & Replace option settings.jpg

Hi Dadgad,

i tried by enabling dimension and text through options in FIND & REPLACE command.

But, it is not still working. Kindly let me know that if any system setting is there. For example, please find the attachment in which text 9840 is available in drawing. But, that is not found out in this command and shows no matches.

Suresh

Find text inside dimension.jpg

It looks like you failed to enter the Replace with Value.

Try again, including the new replacement value, and expand your options again

to ensure, or rather prove that it is still enabled please.

Edited by Dadgad

Hi Dadgad,

i again tried as per your idea that the text for replace with, and dimension text enabled. But, it is still not working.

Please find the attachment.

Suresh

Find text inside dimension_2.jpg

I have been trying this myself for 15 minutes, and am getting inconsistent results.

At first it seemed to be working, now not so much.

I would say it has worked about 20% of the time, which

is not much of a track record.

I am very surprised to see it, as I frequently use find and replace, just not for dimensions, and it always works great.

Perhaps the lesson here is that the easiest way to draw is accurately the first time. :|

I hate having any Overrides in my dimensions, as I take them to be a testament to poor drawing habits.

In what way are you going to use this functionality, and why do you need it?

Sorry I was unable to figure it out for you.

Give Lee Mac's excellent lisp a go, it will probably be able to do it, although

I don't have time now to test it.

http://www.lee-mac.com/bfind.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

I just tried using this fantastic lisp of Lee's, which saves me tons of time, because it works without even needing to open a drawing,

on a whole folder at a time. It will only change OVERRIDDEN TEXT in dimensions, not the actual field defined dimension.

You could use the FILTER command, or QUICK SELECT to choose the dimensions, after which you should be able to edit them in PROPERTIES.

Edited by Dadgad

If you want to search for all the dimensions in one go, you can do it like this with Quick Select,

then you can override all of them at the same time in Properties or Quick Properties..

use Quick Select and it is easy.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

Hi Dadgad,

Thank you for your solution.

i checked and it is working fine and i got clarified my doubts.

Suresh

You are very welcome, glad I could help you. :)

If you select one of the AMNOTES, is the entity type described as TEXT?

You could likely use a similar approach to select and change them reasonably painlessly.

If this is something you need to do frequently, you could do the same thing with FILTER,

which takes a couple minutes to set up, but after you define a filter, you can save it to

a dropdown filter list, so the next time you need it, all you need to do is to select it.

Come to think of it, I would expect Find & Replace to work on them, but can't test my hypothesis

without a sample drawing from the vertical product.