import dng to dwg, cannot see all data in autoCAD.

faveo

Hi

I am using autocad civil 3d 2010. I got .dng files (in 3d) from a customer. I was able to import the data to .dwg (no problem). However, some data seemed to be missing. The customer could see all data in microstation. He said I needed to change the display depth cause some z-number were -99999. That is probably why I cant see all data in autocad. My question now is how do I change the display depth in autocad? Has anyone else had the same problem where you cant see all data when you convert from dng to dwg? Did i do something wrong when I imported the files?

Thank you and Im looking forward to read your comments.

There is no display depth in AutoCAD. And why would any of the geometry have a negative Z of 99999 in the first place?

Thank you for your reply! I know there is nothing called display depth in autocad but I thought maybe there is something equivalent to microstations display depth.

I have no idea why the geometry would have negative Z. This is just the information I was given. Probably some of the data were not planned to be used in 3d drawings.....

Any solutions to my problem. I am really stuck...Why is some data displayed properly while some is not even shown?

The use of -9999 is to say this object is non contourable. DGN to Acad yeah nightmares. Check into translation tables to really get 100% results this way it takes microstation objects and makes new acad objects using properties not a object convert. Any one who has imported DGN's will know about the A B C D e's etc

Thank you for your reply. I have never used translation tables. I am not in any way an advanced CAD user. Can you give me some guidance? I would really appreaciate it!

Its been years since I had anything to do with DGN some else will need to help. Only know what the last dwg looked like from someone here in the office.