How to rotate roof tiles?

Zox

I'm drawing a roof and I put tiles texture on it but it appeared on wrong sides:

NTDyhmQ.png

as you can see tiles are shown on the "slimmer" side while I would need it on a wider side and I can't figure out how to edit it.

Try the following: Click on your object. Shift-click on the face you want your roofing material to be applied on. Go to the Materials Browser. Right-click on your material and then on "Assign to Selection". That way, you can apply materials to each face separately. If this doesn't work, often it's the easiest way to remodel, as the problem mainly appears with imported geometry. Is that the case?

Have you tried the material mapping option?

Well if you think between cube, cylinder, sphere... it's already set on cube but I don't know how to rotate texture. In former Autocad versions I think I was able to do it but here I can't find the option.

Try the following: Click on your object. Shift-click on the face you want your roofing material to be applied on. Go to the Materials Browser. Right-click on your material and then on "Assign to Selection". That way, you can apply materials to each face separately. If this doesn't work, often it's the easiest way to remodel, as the problem mainly appears with imported geometry. Is that the case?

If I click on my object and then shift click the object gets de-selected and if I just click shift-click nothing happens.

Did you even bother to check out material mapping or are you discounting it because you don't know what it is?

If I click on my object and then shift click the object gets de-selected and if I just click shift-click nothing happens.

Sorry, translation error: I meant Control-Select.

Attach a drawing file to your next post that has the 3D model that you are having the problem with. No other objects should be in the drawing.

I don't know how to rotate texture.

Open Materials Browser.

Double-click on your material.

The Materials Editor opens.

Double-click on the image preview.

The Texture Editor opens.

Under Transforms > Position you will find Rotation.

Somehow like scratching with the right hand on the left ear, isn't it.

But I'm afraid that rotationg the image won't help.

Open Materials Browser.

Double-click on your material.

The Materials Editor opens.

Double-click on the image preview.

The Texture Editor opens.

Under Transforms > Position you will find Rotation.

Somehow like scratching with the right hand on the left ear, isn't it.

But I'm afraid that rotationg the image won't help.

It used to be like that when you Double-click on the image preview you get to open Texture Editor, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Anyway here's the roof files. I uploaded versions for AC 013 & 010

roof ac 2010.dwg

roof ac 2013.dwg

Yes, why is the roof standing upright?

Simplest thing in this case is to assign a neutral material, then explode your solids, and assign the roofing to the top regions. You will need 2 versions of the roofing material with 180° rotated textures. Your problem with the texture positoning I can't reproduce, as I'm using ACAD 2012.

Yeah it's a real bummer I don't know how to rotate textures. I now have this kind of roof and don't know how to rotate them to look downwards.

8c8DxsS.jpg

I've mentioned this twice now. It was done via the Material Mapping option. You may have to experiment using the option Planar and/or Box.

BTW....what I pictured was the first time I ever worked with roof tiles and maybe only the third time I have used materials in a 3D model. This is not a normal part of my job.

Edited by ReMark

I'm still battling it around. I do click 'Material mapping' and I get these arrows and polygon and I move/rotate them around and it seems there will be something. Thanks!