Coordinates

jhudsonxl

Until recently I was able to draw a simple rectangle by clicking on the rectangle icon than for an 8" X 16" rectangle type in 16,8 and I would get the rectangle, now what I get is a rectangle that is hundreds of feet long and wide and not even on the spot where I clicked it to start.

Something I think may be important is preceding this I did run a macro a few times and it might have changed a setting.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

You need to put a '@' at the beginning of the co-ords if you want it to be the measurements from the first point otherwise the second point is placed at the co-ordinate. I suspect your first point on the rectangle is not at 0,0. When you type in 8,16 it will place the second point at co-ords 8,16 but if you type @8,16 it will place them that distance from the first point. e.g if your first point is placed at co-ords 20,20 then then type 8,16 your rectangle will be 12 units long and 4 units high but it you typed in @8,16 then your rectangle will be 8 units long and 16 units high.

I can remember having to use the @ symbol in prior versions of AutoCAD but not anymore if the units are set correctly now if I click on the rectangle icon then type in say 8,16 it will give me an 8" X 16" rectangle.

Thank you everyone that has responded to my post but it turned out that I had inadvertently hit the F12 key which turns off or changes the co-ordinate setting I think, well what ever it changes I hit the F12 key again and presto I have my setting back.