Civil 3d 2014 Vertical Curve Settings ?

rlshound

Hello All,

Our designers are having trouble with vertical curves, The intended grade breaks are not aligning at proper stations. Does anybody know if there are any particular settings relating to this?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks, rlshound

If there not aligning at the proper station then they are specifying the incorrect location / parameters.

I think they need to revisit how they are placing the VC's and if there using a Fixed, Floating or Free VC.

Fixed allows you to enter the exact station. Note that the VC will follow Aashto standards unless you turn that option off.

So if there trying to place a VC with to short of a sight distance etc then Civil will use the Aashto standards and push the VC out to

its minimum design length. Not sure if that is what you are asking?

Morning JerryG,

Thanks, I forwarded your comments on and from what I've heard...part of the problem was related to your post.

The company is transitioning from LDD to C3D so there is a lot going on.

In any event I appreciate your help, Have a good one.

Sure! Glad it helped somewhat. It took me awhile to get the hang of Civil 3d when Transitioning also.

Going from a program that only does what you tell it to one that is more "Smart" (for lack of a better term)

takes some time to get used to.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the exact same problem. The VC data is not lined up with where it should be. They are all off. How did you fix this problem. I read through the post but am unsure where to change settings. Toolspace, Profile, Label Styles, Curve?

For changing the K value - Simply click on the Vertical curve on the profile.

Now look at your ribbon and select "Design Criteria Editor"

Go down to "Profiles" and under that select "Minimum K tables"

For adjusting the Vertical Curve location Simply click on the vertical curve - select " Geometry Editor" from the ribbon then select the 4th icon over (on the Profile Layout tool box)

Or you can also just pick the VC and move it to any specified distance, end of another line etc.