Object Properties

I've got a user that has Autocad 2014, and is having trouble modifying items via the toolbars today.

Sounds like things were working fine yesterday.

Today he will select an entity, and using the properties tool bar try and change it's color or linetype. The toolbar will then change to show the change, but if you also have open quick properties you notice the entity's properties did not change. (I think we've tried this with the layer toolbar as well)

What has changed is that the future items you draw are coming in at that color, linetype or layer.

It is almost like autocad is not recognizing you have an entity gripped.

This happens with existing or new entities and blocks

I've tested other drawings,

I've tried using ribbons instead of toolbars,

I've tried reimporting profiles, changing to the stock autocad profile, exporting my profile and importing it to that machine.

I've started autocad with a "-b" switch,

I've done a repair install,

Nothing changes this, so you folks are my last hope before a reinstall...

Oh, yeah, none of these things happen from other systems on the same drawings...

Any ideas?

Ok, we've got the solution. Something I've never dealt with in 25 years, and I'm not clear on why this affected so many things, or how it got switched off.

Noun/Verb selection

This is located in the Options Dialog, on the Selections tab

Noun-Verb.PNG

Help menu definition:

noun-verb selectionSelecting an object first and then performing an operation on it rather than entering a command first and then selecting the object.

If you hover over that pickbox you will see that it tells you the system variable is PICKFIRST. So you can change the setting from options or you can type that in at the command line and set it back to 1. I am very surprised you haven't had trouble with that before now, a surprisingly large number of the posts in forums have to do with pickfirst. Congrats for finding it yourself.