+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2014

Default Plotting, .Pc3 Files, the Layout Manager and Using Multiple Paper Sizes

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I have a hard deadline coming up and don't have the time to sift through all the great info already presented here. I apologize if this topic has already been covered in another thread. I'd like to know as much as I can so if it has please let me know.

I'm using Autocad LT 2014 plotting to a KIP3000 wide format plotter. I'm accustomed to plotting my drawings 24x36 and recently I've been requested to plot a 22x34 of my 24x36 drawing.

So I went out and got a roll of 34" paper and loaded it in the KIP. Then used the following plot settings:

ANSI D (22x34)
    EXTENTS
    Center plot
    Fit to Paper

These settings work great for plotting my drawings 24x36. [when paper size set to ARCH D (24x36)]

My problem is that when plotting to 22x34 the drawing is almost 6" shifted to the right and the top is cut off by about 1".

My goal is to have a 22x34 of the 24x36 drawing centered and fit to the page. I have tried to create a .Pc3 file to calibrate my scale but it still didn't center the drawing it only made it smaller. I then adjusted the origin location but still couldn't pinpoint exactly where center would fall.

I'm just beginning to use more advanced features like .Pc3 files and plotter configurations so any feedback would be greatly appreciated to get this drawing plotted.

Thanks,
    -Designer Dog

Luminous Being
    Using
    Civil 3D 2016

Couple of things is your title block set up for a 22x34 sheet ? Are you plotting a title block not at 1:1 scale say from a layout ? Have you taken into account the hard clip limits of the paper size ?
    A man who never made mistakes never made anything

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2014

I was still using the 24x36 title block and the Extents/fit to page functions to size it to a 22x34 layout. The scale shows 1"=1.107 units when I do this (*drawing doesn't need to be to scale). I was assuming that the dashed rectangle in paperspace was accounting for the hard clip limits and I'm well within that. Am I assuming correctly?

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2014

*UPDATE*

I was able to plot the drawings 22x34 by still using extents/Center plot. I simply changed the scale to 1"=1.16 units to shrink the border to within the hard clip limits. Thanks for your help @BIGAL.

Computer Details
    Ski_Me's Computer Details
    Computer:
    DELL (why oh lord must I suffer)
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Ski_Me's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Fire Alarm tech
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

You could always create a new layout for a 22x24 then scale your titleblock to fit if you ever need to do this again and it needs to be scaled. Just be sure to make a new view port.