• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• pancake

• tzframpton

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We could try but we'll need some information and access to a copy of your 3D drawing would be nice too. You can attach a copy of the DWG file to your next post.

What have you tried already?

Do you have the facade of the building drawn?

Edited by ReMark

Thanks Remark for the mockup, is what I am trying to make but you need to explain how did you make it.

Thanks

I used a couple of profiles. One of them I extruded outward and the other I extruded inward. The two different roof lines were unioned together.

I used a couple of profiles. One of them I extruded outward and the other I extruded inward. The two different roof lines were unioned together.

sorry I need more details, can you post the 2 profiles you used?

They would not do you any good. One of them should be very obvious (the brownish colored one). The other was a triangular profile for the small roof that is above the window.

I just had an opportunity to open your drawing. It looks like you already have some of what you need in the 3D solid to the left (greenish color building).

Can you provide any dimensions for what remains to be done?

BTW...There are more than a few parts of your building that may need further review. I think you should stop right now and redraw your building. Sorry.

Your building is not drawn correctly therefore it is pointless to continue with this task until such time as you correct your mistakes. Now you have the following choices...

1. Ignore me and continue on.

2. Fix the problems.

What's it going to be?

sorry but I am a beginner, if I knew how to correct my mistake alone I would not be here, that's why I ask for help.

what do you mean? I want to learn.. and this is what I achieved alone. So what do you suggest? where should I start? what is wrong and how can I improve and correct my mistakes. I am all ears!!

You need to fix your roof for starters. Look closely at one of the large roofs and notice you have a double rigdeline.

Look closely at the small connector roof and notice that the slopes don't match up to the main roof and that it appears to slice into one of the adjacent roofs.

Note too that you have no headers above your window openings on the top floor and it appears that all your windows may be too high up the face of the building. Did you give yourself any reference points for the elevations of each floor so you could be certain that a person standing inside could actually see out the windows on a given floor?

yes I know, I will try to redraw the roof. Can you explain step by step, how you will make all the roof as in the picture?

You did not provide a picture of the entire building so I don't know for sure what the roof does at each end. My guess is that it is a gable end roof and does not slope like you have it in your drawing. The good news if that were true would be that creating the roof in 3D would be easier. Create the profile (a triangle) and extrude it.

How did you determine the height and pitch of the roof?

Well that is moot at this point. Your building footprint is skewed meaning lines are not at right angles to each other. You will have to start all over and reconstruct the building correctly.

BldgFootPrint.jpg

Here's is the basic problem with your building.

Your building footprint is in white; mine is in magenta. Notice anything odd?

So, you extrude a misaligned footprint upwards and everything you do after that is negatively affected. That includes any openings for doors and windows plus anything you do with your roof.

If the foundation of your building is bad then the building itself will be bad. No two ways about it.

Square things off in your building footprint and you'll be off to a better start.

I have to go now as I haven't eaten all day. I'll try to check back later. Do not get discouraged. Everyone, including myself, makes mistakes. And find a good book about architectural design if that is what you are interested in. Stick to good design principles and you won't go wrong.

thanks for your time, but you are not helping me.

Suppose that you have only that picture and a file dwg with only the yellow solid in it. HOW DO YOU DRAW THE ROOF? If you can not say how step by step, like draw a polyline etc, please leave the conversation.

thanks.