Copy and paste

Ski_Me

I was a firm believer of xref and never using copy and paste in autocad. Well that has changed. An engineer sent my 2 draws that were labeled wrong. Didn't catch it until I had finished working on the 2 drawings. My options were redraw the floorplan for each drawing or copy to the clipboard and paste, well you know which one is faster and required less work. I hereby take back all the bad things I ever said about using copy and paste and admit my regret for ever saying those things.

Whoa! You've come over to the dark side? LoL

Just razzing you nothing more. Glad to hear you were able to recover from the setback. :)

If you want to go back to the other side, WBLOCK is almost as fast. NCOPY (not sure if that is correct spelling for copying nested objects.) is pretty quick also.

Why would you not copy and paste? So long as YOU only have one model then what is the problem of where the data comes from?

You can also copy an xref from one drawing and paste it into another drawing and it will come in (paste) as an xref.