Modeling A Car (A Tutorial)

basty

I have a blueprint of a car.

Can someone here create the 3D model of it in AutoCAD or any CAD programs such as Inventor and write the tutorial here?

1. Create the 3D model.

2. Write a full tutorial.

That's a really tall order don't you think?

Have you created any 3D models in AutoCAD on your own?

Would I be wrong in assuming you are expecting someone to do this out of the kindness of their heart (i.e. - no remuneration)?

There are many people here who can. Some might do a simplified version for free to show you the basics and possibly even guide through the rest of it as long as you are putting an effort into it. But as ReMark said, it is a lot to ask.

One option, and it is a bit of a kludge, would be to take the top, front and side views of the car and extrude them (you must first position the views correctly) then run the INTERFERE command on the results making sure to tell AutoCAD that you definitely want to retain interference objects as they will be in the rough shape of your car. This is not going to get you a really nice, detailed 3D model that you can then apply materials to and render picture perfect.

1. Create the 3D model.

2. Write a full tutorial.

That's a really tall order don't you think?

Have you created any 3D models in AutoCAD on your own?

Would I be wrong in assuming you are expecting someone to do this out of the kindness of their heart (i.e. - no remuneration)?

There are many people here who can. Some might do a simplified version for free to show you the basics and possibly even guide through the rest of it as long as you are putting an effort into it. But as ReMark said, it is a lot to ask.

One option, and it is a bit of a kludge, would be to take the top, front and side views of the car and extrude them (you must first position the views correctly) then run the INTERFERE command on the results making sure to tell AutoCAD that you definitely want to retain interference objects as they will be in the rough shape of your car. This is not going to get you a really nice, detailed 3D model that you can then apply materials to and render picture perfect.

I assume these all about the money.

How much the money do you want?

I assume these all about the money.

How much the money do you want?

No, you don't understand at all. This is a teaching, helping, and problem solving forum. There are a few people on the forum that might have been interested in doing the project for a competitive fee, but they may be put off by your tone of response. I might assume that a competitive fee would be in the 4 figure range. Other than that, there are dozens of expert 3D modelers on the forum that will bend over backwards to help you complete the project yourself for no charge at all.

I would suggest that you do some research into how to put out an offer for graphics work, and the going rates for same, and maybe post your offer in THIS FORUM.

You never indicated the level of detail you wanted put into this.

BTW...

I don't want your money. I want you to understand that what you are asking is not something that is going to be accomplished without a great deal of time and effort. If you cannot appreciate that then I suggest you look elsewhere. Either you'll get lucky or you won't.

I posted 3 free links above, but if you want to pay me for something specific - I am happy to take your money, but I doubt that you can afford my fee.

Starts at $130USD/hr with 8hr min (I suspect this project will take considerably longer than 8hrs to write the tutorial).

Send me your files or attach them here, and I will send you contract for signature.

Did you ever finish this one -

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?86351-Create-A-Spur-Gear-Help&p=593487#post593487

you never posted your results.

If you had any trouble with that one - forget the 3D car.

I did this first year of sw class and it took about 25 hours and it was all free lance, not detailed, not complex and no moving parts. For someone to model a car per blueprints and write a tutorial is a massive undertaking.

I wouldn't want to attempt it in acad, your best bet is SW or Proe for the surfaces and inventor for the moving parts/dyn sim and keyshot for renders.

I rendered mine is sw but I don't think they have mental ray anymore, but Im not sure. We use proe/keyshot where I work and some of the renderings you cant tell aren't pics.

Untitled.jpg