• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• neophoible

• JD Mather

• ducky29

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that it was merely a drawing exercise, where the shape is important.
It would/will be interesting to know just what the instructor thought important in the OP's case, now that he has turned it in.

------------

Do students always get their work printed? I would have thought printing to fit a sheet of paper could suffice.
Don't know about all students, but the OP clearly stated he is printing it out.
Thanks. Ill use acadiso.dwt starting from now.(Just need to change the drawing limits since I print my drawings in A4.)

-----------

If it is a lesson in real life, then realising, from the units, that millimetres are the most likely units is a valuable lesson, but not one touched on by the OP.
The OP thought he was already setup in metric.
Im pretty sure I set the units to mm.(used _units command)

Guys I just gave the drawing to my teacher, and he accepted it.Thanks a lot for your help.
Congrats! I, too, would like to know your teacher's views regarding the issues raised here.

Congrats! I, too, would like to know your teacher's views regarding the issues raised here.

All the dimensions were correct except for the circle radius in the right which was like 31.4 mm(not 32)

What is given are two fixed points, with an arc passing through them. The usual way of ensuring this geometry is to strike an arc from each point, and where they intersect is the centre of the required arc.
Point taken and illustrated (see below), though with full circles, not arcs. Sounds like a reference back to the drafting board era. I remember those days, and enjoy reading one of the threads devoted to it. You-know-your-an-old-draughtsman-when...

There is no need to know further dimensions, whether to zero places or eight places of decimals. That is just unnecessary confusion for a geometry exercise.
That depends on the case and objective. Here, it could be used to demonstrate that the design is actually off what it should be, given the constraints as shown, etc. An instructor may use such to quickly check just how closely the student positioned the arc.

Student Handle Offset Rad Intersection.jpg

All the dimensions were correct except for the circle radius in the right which was like 31.4 mm(not 32)
Thanks for getting back to us. Doesn't sound like your instructor was too worried about it. Now I'm curious how much that error counted off.

I doubt the instructor checks the drawings very closely. The exercise is more about getting the student used to using a myriad of commands. If you want pinpoint accuracy you'll have to look elsewhere.

I doubt the instructor checks the drawings very closely. The exercise is more about getting the student used to using a myriad of commands. If you want pinpoint accuracy you'll have to look elsewhere.
That sounds much more reasonable.

I'm proclaiming you the winner of the "Let's beat this horse to death" prize for this thread. You can pick up your hybrid metric/imperial ruler at CADTutor headquarters. We're open 24 hours; not necessarily in a row.:lol:

I'm proclaiming you the winner of the "Let's beat this horse to death" prize for this thread. You can pick up your hybrid metric/imperial ruler at CADTutor headquarters. We're open 24 hours; not necessarily in a row.:lol:
Thanks!:D And I appreciate you sticking with me to the end!:lol: