Importing STL/Conversion to solid

tormax

I have tried a various tricks and several programs such as Inventor,Solidworks and 3ds max plus lot of help from Google,but at the end I can not find proper way to import somehow stl files as soldis in Autocad.

Does someone had luck with that?

There are only 2-3 paid apps which unfortunately I can not buy right now...:oops:

Works fine for me using Inventor or SolidWorks.

Pretty sure luck wasn't involved - only logic.

You have not provided ANY useful information to help solve your problem.

Sorry, I don't go to third party sites to download files (unless it is Autodesk 360) and I don't have an rar extractor.

How familiar are you with stl files?

They are coarsely faceted planar surfaces - generally of little use other than for reference in an engineering software.

In SolidWorks you have to use the Scanto3D add-in once the number of faces exceeds a certain number.

Thanks JD,unfortunately I`m completely new with stl files,but I`ll have to get familiar with them. :D

Anyway using scanto3d now i can open stl,but seems now will be not possible to convert this type of files to solids and to edit them in Autocad.

Can you please look at the attached sample?stl sample1.zip