nicolas

Hi,

I need to create a rectangular tile hatch that is 200 (w) x 300 (h). So far using USER, I have been able to do square tiles (100x100 and 300x300). Is there any simple way to create a hatch pattern file for such rectangular tiles?

Thanks.

Hi Eldon,

Thanks for the info. I have created a text PAT file with the content you specified. However I am having an error in pattern file dialogue box when applying it to a closed polyline. Would you please help me on this? Thanks.

ErrorInPatternFile.jpg

The problem may be that the pattern file name HAS to be exactly the same as the name after the * in the first line of the definition file.

So the first line should be (for you) *Tiles200x300 instead of *TILERECT. I don't think that upper and lower case matter.

Also there should be a blank line at the end of the file.

Rather than 200x300 why not 100x150, plus 100x200, plus 100x300 if you make your hatch scale = 2 for 100x150 then it will be 200x300 a 400x600 is a scale of 4 and so on, less patterns but with correct scaling ratio achieve correct result sq tile 100x100. Even make the pattern 1x1.5 then its scale is size required =200

Hi,

Still problem with the PAT file. Now it is:

Bad pattern definition file:

Missing parameter on line 3.

Here is the content of the file:

*Tiles200x300,

0, 0, 0, 0, 300

90, 0, 0, 0, 200

BIGAL is right concerning the 100x150 tiles. It is more logic and productive that way.

Thanks for your help.

It does not look as if you have a blank line at the end of the file

I can't attach the actual file that works for me, because CadTutor does not allow uploading .pat files :shock:

So please edit the file extension to .pat from .txt

Tile100x150.txt