Converting from 3dsmax > Autocad > PDF

Manuce

Hi,

I have solved the two parts it just the last part (from Autocad to pdf) which is problem for me.

Units : Millimeters in 3dsmax and Autocad.

I created an Archi model in 3dsmax cleaned it up a bit

1)Brought in Autocad put that on the separate layer

2)Created a new layer on top and trace the design from top view.

I kinda work in reserve I visualise in 3d first and then create a proper 2d drawing.

Anyways this is all done now, I just need one last bit since I am beginner so I am not sure how to do it .

3)I want this Autocad drawing to be printed(with dimensions/Title Block) on Scale on a A4 (Landscape paper )so it can be measured through a generic ruler(in cm).

I will be very thankful for you help.[ATTACH]48962

MM_TEMPATES_v002.dwg

Edited by Manuce

Right-click on the Layout-tab > Page Setup Manager > Modify > choose your printer and your page size .

You have a Viewport already (the square on the Layout-tab). Double click inside the Viewport, scroll and pan so you see your drawing. Double click outside the viewport to de-activate it. Click on the actual Viewport-line, type PR to bring up your Properties pane. Under Standard Scale, xhoose 1:50 ( it looks good on 1:50 on my screen, you can choose whatever scale you wish ofcourse). And Bobs your uncle. Or Bill. Or Steve for that matter.

Thanks for the quick reply , I will give this a go tonight.

I don't need a printer I will be printing a basic pdf so I will choose dwgtopdf plotter. Thanks again for the help.

Same list if you choose a physical printer/plotter or a PDF/virtual printer/plotter. From AutoCADs standpoint, they're all the same.

Hi,

I tried the above method at 1:50 but on A4 its not printing accurately , I chosed ISO A4 / portrait (in MM ) as my paper while doing page setup.

After printing :

1 meter box on the drawing after printing is coming 1.8cm or 18mm on Ruler. Ideally I would like 1000mm x 1000mm box on my drawing should be coming to either 20MM or 2CM on the Ruler so it should be easier to understand.

that option was un ticked as I already know if its ticked the image won't be at the correct scale. I will try the plot scale as 1:1 and will get back to you again. Thanks for the help.

Manuce

Hello,

Unfortunately I am still having no luck with it,its still coming on the same scale.

is this due to paper size ? I am using standard ISO A4 in Autocad and the paper on which its getting printed is also A4 and its dimensions on Ruler in MM are 297MMx210MM portrait

Can you please take a look at that attach file and see if I am doing it the right way. I will be thankful for your help.

MM_TEMPATES_v003.dwg

when I print your drawing straight from AutoCAD to the printer, it comes out correct - didn't change a thing besides the printer.

Are you printing to a PDF first? I sometimes have issues with printing from PDF to printer where the PDF-program creates a Fit to Paper as default.

Aha! I generate the PDF and then print it from somewhere else. It might be a reason then, let me try to see if I can get this fit to paper option off in the PDF before sending it to print. thanks

ok just printed it by paying a bit more attention on printing option for PDF and indeed it was doing some scaling so again its not Autocad fault :)

Any ways Its on the scale now and everything seems to line up properly. Thanks a ton for your help on that Tiger :)