File not found!

hristijan_atanasovsk

Looks like you lost your acad.mnu file. So, tell us, what were you doing that caused the problem? Were you mucking about in Options and changed a path?

nothing i just install the auto cad and that all, but maybe i had a virus in my computer it might delete it

and im using: windows 7 ult 32 bit service pack 1 and autocad 2000

You do know that AutoCAD 2000 really isn't designed to run on Windows 7 right?

Did you try running it in XP compatibility mode?

When you installed AutoCAD did you temporarily disable the UAC? Did you also temporarily disable your anti-virus program?

BTW...did you look for the "missing" file on your hard drive? Maybe it is there but the path to the file is not correct in Options > Files > Support Files Search Path.

Yes i did know that AutoCaD 2000 isn't designed to run on windows 7 but my friend has windows 7 and AutoCaD 2000 he hasn't any problems!

At my school we are using windows XP and its working

Whats it is UAC ? and dident diable my anti-virus

i look for the file and i dident find it

Yes, almost anything is possible. That doesn't mean what worked for your friend will work for you. Did you ask your friend what he may have done differently than you?

Did you try typing menuload at the command line?

And yes, I am not surprised that AutoCAD 2000 runs under XP.

UAC = User Account Control It is a Windows feature that informs the user when a change is being made that requires admin privileges. I would assume that you have admin privileges on your own computer. You can learn how to turn the UAC on/off via this link which includes both a video and a written procedure.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7

Temporarily disabling an anti-virus program is recommended because some programs scan files very aggressively and may target some .DLLs as being suspect.

I am surprised you could not locate the acad.mnu file on your computer. It should have been included as a part of the normal installation procedure. You may have to uninstall AutoCAD 2000 then reinstall it. But hold off on doing that momentarily while I check something.

Do you do any 3D work?

Do you make use of lisp routines?

Have you ever used any of the Express Tools?

There is a slim possibility you can fix the problem by running the REPAIR option. This is not the same as an uninstall/reinstall.

In Windows 7 go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. It will take a moment while Windows scans your hard drive and creates a list of all the programs that are installed. Look for and click on AutoCAD 2000 then look at the top of the screen where there is a button that reads Uninstall or Change. Click on the button. Now, does a screen come up that has the following options?

Add or Remove Features

Repair or Reinstall

Uninstall

If so select the second option Repair or Reinstall. Try the Repair option first.

If you do not see a screen with these options that means you will need your installation CD as the option to Repair an installation will be on that instead.

Are you with me so far or have I lost you? Yes, I know, your head is spinning and alarm bells are going off. That's normal.

STOP! Guess what? I believe I have the files you need. In your next post supply me with your email address (which I will first confirm by sending you an email). Type the address like this: m y e m a i l a d d y AT g m a i l DOT c o m

Edited by ReMark

Here is a link with instructions about reinstalling and uninstalling AutoCAD.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Recommended-uninstall-and-reinstall-procedures.html

If all the above fails then here is a link to a piece of software called Longbow Converter. Longbow Converter is a tool that allows a user to install and run a 32-bit version of AutoCAD on a 64-bit computer running Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.

http://www.longbowsoftware.com/Converter.php

However, before you jump into the deep end of the pool see the Tips and Tricks portion of the above website. This is a direct link to the page....

http://www.longbowsoftware.com/Tips_and_Tricks.php

OK. That should be enough options for you right? Good luck. Let us know how things turn out.

Re: Friends request. Sorry, but I don't normally accept those from brand new members to the forum. I like to see people stick around and participate first rather than come here for a one time solution and never be heard from again. No offense meant. Possibly in the future if you indeed become a contributing member of CADTutor.