Section box

FIFTHTEXAS

I have project with a link file from architect

in my 3D View how do i create a section view of the building

i have clicked on section box in properties but it wont let me do a section view

i want to get view of plantroom, take roof down etc

any help

I think sections can only be drawn in either a plan, section, or elevation view. In general, drawing in a 3D view is clunky at best and impossible in some situations.

When you enable the Section Box, you can select the box and then you can use the adjustable grips to flex the box to your liking. For a "section view" just use the View Cube to orient the View to an orthogonal position and it'll simulate a section, although it just won't act like one.

Alternatively, if you have a Section View or any other View already created, hover the mouse over the View Cube and right-click > Orient to View. This will give you a list of all the Views in the model and it will automatically create a section box based off that View. It's a really nifty tool actually.

Oops, I misread the OP, but info still valid.
Oh yeah most definitely. I liked how you explained that Sections can only be done in non-3D Views... good point and glad you made it. I was typing when you posted so didn't read your post until after mine cached.

;)