Pipework Connections

FIFTHTEXAS

I am new to revit , my first project I have added a boiler family, I am now trying to pipe up systems

I am ok doing piperuns, its the connections I am having difficulty

getting connection of pipework to line up to boiler connection, I seem to get it right in one view

then when I go layout its miles out, what is best method, trying to put a reducer on some pipework using piping accessory but struggle to get it to fit correctly, any help?

many thanks for all the help I have received from people, it is very much appreciated.

As to lining up with the boiler, start from the connector on the boiler.

Revit will put in the reducer for you. Just draw a pipe from the connector at the reduced/enlarged size. You may have to look at your routing preferences to make sure that the right one is being put in. If you are not sure how to do that, you can always change the type after it is put in.

Hi FIFTHTEXAS, your problem is not very clear to me. I would like to give you some suggestion:

1. If you are using the flange connection for connecting the pipe and boiler outlet, in that case you need to load flange fitting

2. Check the elbow (if you have used any elbow for connecting the pipe and boiler) and also check whether the pipe and the boiler are in same elevation & offset or not

3. Your system pipe material and boiler outlet pipe material may differ. In that case use same type of materials for boiler outlet pipe and system pipe

Still, if you are unable to fix the issues, attach screen shots so that I can understand your exact problem and help you in resolving it.

Most of the time I'll start a small piece of pipe directly off the equipment first, say about 6-12" or so. This will give me a reference to align to. I then draw my pipe from the start location "back to" the equipment, and use the Align tool in plan to align the pipes on the same plane, then drag the Pipe End together and Revit will do the rest. There are certain techniques you'll have to learn along the way.

Alternatively you can use things like "Trim/Extend to Corner" to create 45's or 90's, or "Trim/Extend" to create Tee's or Takeoffs, etc.