the assembly cannot be solved (the new relationship conflicts...) What's that?

Sengna

i m working on my first basic assembly, i don't know if i did it right, all i want is just to insert the pin into the part, i used the insert constraint, i picked first and second Geometry and the message popped up. Please any suggestion what am i missing here? Thanks.

Sorry i tried to upload the ".iam" file but Cadtutor site show there was an error.

Part_2_assembly.jpg

Edited by Sengna

You did not expand the Relationships folder in your browser - so it is impossible to say what the problem is from your image.

Attach your assembly here. (right click on the folder and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

You did not expand the Relationships folder in your browser - so it is impossible to say what the problem is from your image.

Attach your assembly here. (right click on the folder and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

Please see zipped file.

Assembly1.zip

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of your part files (just examine that file size - doesn't that seem fishy?).

An assembly must include part files (*.ipt).

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of your part files (just examine that file size - doesn't that seem fishy?).

An assembly must include part files (*.ipt).

Yes, on my iam file has to part that i placed in : one is part2 and the 74mm Pin, i have those 2 part files saved separately, should i put them in the same folder and right click and compress to Zip file?

An assembly must have parts or it is not an assembly.

You never attached any parts here.

So of course, you have never attached an assembly.

Your iam and ipt files should all be in a single folder that you zip and attach here. (or do it one at a time if you like extra work)

Notice that if I expand the Relationships folder (as suggested earlier) that there are sick constraints (yellow triangles).

Right click and delete these sick constraints.

Notice that there is a constraint with a 75mm offset.

Right click and delete this constraint.

Mate Workplanes.jpg

Notice that there is a workplane right smack in the middle of the pin.

Notice that there is a workplane right smack in the middle of the bracket.

Logic would seem to indicate that these two workplanes should be mated to center the pin in the bracket.

Measuring Dimensions.jpg

Notice that you are doing too much work.

Use symmetry in you model by placing the origin at the center of the part.

You can reduce the number of dimensions and do not need to create that extra workplane.

Use equal (=) constraints to reduce dimensions.

Place dimensions that can actually be measured in the real world on the real part.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49085[/ATTACH]

Notice that you are doing too much work.

Use symmetry in you model by placing the origin at the center of the part.

You can reduce the number of dimensions and do not need to create that extra workplane.

Use equal (=) constraints to reduce dimensions.

Place dimensions that can actually be measured in the real world on the real part.

it's very difficult for me to figure out which dims needed in the complex geometry shape, apply extra dim would give me the warning for over constrain, this is something that i will need to overcome when learning inventor. thanks for showing me this trick..

• 2 weeks later...