Problem with colour changes when exporting to PDF

Sublimedes

Hello all

I've had a search of the forums to find an answer, and although there are some similar threads, none that fix my problem.

When exporting a drawing from AutoCAD 2013 to PDF, there is a change in colour, most noticeably the hatched areas. It seems like the colours don't get exported in their true state, but rather changed to a different shade of red/brown etc, I presume to make it easier to print?

I've tried to find options to specify true colour rather than 256 colour or something like that, but I'm lost. In plot preview the colours are exact, which leads me to believe the problem occurs in the export process.

Does anyone have any ideas, or has encountered similar?

Thanks in advance

Do the colors print correctly? Generally, if the plot preview is correct, I would believe the problem lies with the PDF viewer.

Nah its called contrast and brightness of your screen :lol:

We often change a color to the next one to get a better plot, yellow is a good example of a bad colour on white paper. Dark blue ends up a purple shade when we plot. Also llok at using RGB rather than the std colour numbers.

Nah its called contrast and brightness of your screen :lol:

We often change a color to the next one to get a better plot, yellow is a good example of a bad colour on white paper. Dark blue ends up a purple shade when we plot. Also llok at using RGB rather than the std colour numbers.

If it were the screen would it not be the same in plot preview as well?

I was referring to the slight colour difference between actual plot and screen colour, using RGB can probably get closer to colour match. I have had a tiny bit of exposure in the graphics art area for plotting posters and they calibrate their colours to get matches screen to plotter and type of paper. As I said colour 5 dark blue comes out with a slight purple tinge when plotted on our HP plotter. To the original post there must be some degredation of the colour when to PDF I do not know if you can play with the Gamma settings say in the PDF driver, we just pick another more suitable colour and keep going.

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed AutoCAD 2013 and have the same problem. *bump* (:

Anyone else, or is there a solution available?

A workaround: when creating a PDF with CutePDF, the print is fine, but it takes a very long time to print one PDF.

When exporting to PDF using AutoCAD, the colors (especially transparent solid hatches) are all low contrast, like grey-ish.

We experienced significant colour changes especially with transparent solid hatches when plotted to the same device from different workstations. We tracked this down to the plot transparency option. try turning it on for better colour correlation.