Cad blocks mysteriously say invalid?! Help?!

tmelancon

Our server went down today and unfortunately our Master AutoCad "working" file folder did as well. We were able to get it restored however all of our blocks that we actively use for toolbars, drop down menus, or thru insert command are all saying invalid file.

I am still stumped as to how this happened and am only seeking possible advice to get quite a few blocks and stuff I created over the last 3 days and for educational purposes.

I do in fact backup all of our blocks every now and again but these newbies were created within a day or so ago so they werent backed up. I tried running recover, nothing. We are back up and running with my backup copy I just saved the old copy as "OLD" for testing purposes and to see if I can find a solution.

Any advice and discussion helps. Thanks

Our server went down today and unfortunately our Master AutoCad "working" file folder did as well. We were able to get it restored however all of our blocks that we actively use for toolbars, drop down menus, or thru insert command are all saying invalid file.

I am still stumped as to how this happened and am only seeking possible advice to get quite a few blocks and stuff I created over the last 3 days and for educational purposes.

I do in fact backup all of our blocks every now and again but these newbies were created within a day or so ago so they werent backed up. I tried running recover, nothing. We are back up and running with my backup copy I just saved the old copy as "OLD" for testing purposes and to see if I can find a solution.

Any advice and discussion helps. Thanks

Local temp files usually stores the drawings if the preset in the tools cad option presets menu settings was set to a specific location properly

You will then be able to find them on the local C drive where the temporary drawing file location was set to in the option menu.

HTH