Delete Coincident Constraint

alijahed

Hi All,

I cannot see the "Delete Coincident Constraint" command on my menu in Inventor 2015 (like the snapshot of a footage from youtube)!

see below

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

I have never had to do this - I always do it right from the start to avoid extra work (I'm lazy that way).

What is your intent? Why would you need to remove all constraints?

Maybe converting to a Sketch Block will give you what you need.

More information is needed.

Attach your *.ipt file here.

The more I think about this - the more confused I am.

You can avoid automatically creating constraints on a temporary basis by holding the Ctrl key when sketching.

Or just turn them off.

What is your design intent?

Do you have access to AutoCAD?

Mate,

I have extrusion die drawings for Aluminium sections. They have been mostly developed in AutoCAD in this industry and they are very complicated to apply constraints. It takes tons of time to do that.

I normally copy from AutoCAD and paste in sketch environment in Inventor.

By doing that for some reasons Inventor trying to be smart and apply constraints on the section which you cannot see even by turn the visibility of constraints on. So when you want to rotate mirror or things like that it comes with an error saying the action is against the constraints and refuses to do that! I know you can make blocks but I had enough with this and I want to completely get rid of every single constraints to have a clean sketch.

Another one which possibly needs a topic in forum is Mirror command.

There is no option to get rid of the original like AutoCAD and it is supper annoying.

I am on mobile now so I cannot attach a die drawing now but I think my comment was clear enough to shed some light on this for now.

Several different options.

Relax Mode

Relax Mode.PNG

Will allow changes to sketch even if it is fully constrained. It can also be used to quickly remove unwanted constraints.

Is the geometry imported from AutoCAD not correct?

If it is correct I would simply convert to Sketch Blocks.

You can also set Inventor to NOT automatically add constraints when importing AutoCAD geometry.

You can create the Mirror as a feature and have it remove the original at the same time.

Flip Normal on a workplane will also flip a sketch.

(Tip: create zero distance offset workplane, right click on the plane and select Flip Normal. Place your sketch on this plane and flip back and forth as needed.)