Attributes

I have been working with AutoCAD for years, now start new job and need to learn AutoCAD Electrical 2014.

Having issue with attributes.

Creating block with attributes that show up twice. second Duplicate attributes way to left or right, not in the viewing area.

There was only one set of attributes but left me confused with duplicate attributes.:o

some attributes need to show like fuse number and amps, but manufacture and part number I don't.

Tried placing on no-show layer, but when you inserting on 0 layer still show up.

going to college and not using autocad past few years left me little rusty and tried everything and need someone with a fresh view on the issue:D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• cadmando2

• RobDraw

• dbroada

You are creating a brand new block in AutoCAD Electrical and for some strange reason your attributes are showing up twice? Maybe you copied them and did not realize it?

Are you using the Symbol Builder? If so did you an attribute template file?

I thought it might be an annotative issue as well. You can place objects on controlled layers and then turn those layers off, if needed, but that does not sound like a real fix. You may need to post the block and it may require someone with the same vertical product investigate.

I check that first. there is no other copy. The block was from Allen & Bradley and all I did was change the layer using bedit.

Scents these had attributes and didn't create them using Symbol builder. Other I created using Symbol build is the ones that the attributes are in place on the block, but have duplicate attributes and bedit there only one set of attributes.

Is there a good web site on new AutoCAD Electrical tutorials . set by set, new riders publishing used to make great books on AutoCAD. now they don't and need tutorials on How to with Electrical.

800T-FXTPH16R.dwg

800T-J91A 2D.dwg

800T-X647.dwg

Edited by cadmando2

Attributes that do not need to show up can be made invisible. You do not have to put them on a "no-show" layer.

I even done that and still showing duplicate attributes. getting frustrated.This is the file having all the issues.

12056.dwg

Edited by cadmando2

I could try to help if the file wasnt a jumble mess. Can you post just a single block that is giving the issue?

Have you tried attsync? That might help.

I've posted information on where to buy a good book about AutoCAD Electrical just recently. A quick search should turn up the thread it appears in. The company name is Ascent.

I check that first. there is no other copy. The block was from Allen & Bradley and all I did was change the layer using bedit.

Scents these had attributes and didn't create them using Symbol builder. Other I created using Symbol build is the ones that the attributes are in place on the block, but have duplicate attributes and bedit there only one set of attributes.

Is there a good web site on new AutoCAD Electrical tutorials . set by set, new riders publishing used to make great books on AutoCAD. now they don't and need tutorials on How to with Electrical.

You should have left the A&B blocks alone. Attach a copy of one of messed up (duplicate attribute) blocks.

Looking at your original drawing I can find no duplicates, just attributes that are moved away from the block they belong too. The attributes should have their 'Lock position' property set to yes. As mentioned above Attsync should then fix existing blocks.

I think you need a good book as well as a class. See posts numbers 5 and 6 of this thread.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?86497-Getting-Started-In-AutoCAD-Electrical&highlight=ascent

That's what I get for skipping my morning coffee. gadz!:ouch:

OK...head screwed on better I hope.

Why isn't the insertion point for the block actually on the block itself just like it is in AutoCAD Electrical? Of the four blocks I tested they all are inserted down and to the right of the intended insertion point. This is not an indicator of good block creation.

Edited by ReMark