xref misalignment

AGSDesign

I have 2 drawings, 1 xrefs into the other ok, but when I xref this drawing into the other it doesn't have the correct insertion point, this has happened several times with different drawings that were previously correctly referencing each other. Any ideas please.

From AutoCad help:

Base (Command)

Sets the insertion base point for the current drawing.

The base point is expressed as coordinates in the current UCS. When you insert or externally reference the current drawing into other drawings, this base point is used as the insertion base point.

Many thanks, I can't believe I didn't know this!!! Now I'm curious as to how the base point has changed itself ?!?!

Many thanks, I can't believe I didn't know this!!! Now I'm curious as to how the base point has changed itself ?!?!

If a base point is not explicitly set in a drawing it can be inadvertently set by at least two different methods. if creating a drawing by WBlock and selecting a point that is other than 0,0,0 the specified (or picked) coordinate becomes the base point. if the UCS is set to something other than the WCS the UCS coordinate becomes the base when Wblocking *.

These techniques can actually be useful if knowing what you are doing but often it is best to set the UCS to world and also to temporarily move geometry and objects to the desired position before selecting to WBlock.