What's the chance?

Patrick Hughes

To get the auto log out set to something a little longer? I admit to being somewhat slow in composing certain responses and often get caught with the "not logged in" message when submitting a reply.

I know it's there, just a habit I haven't embraced. The thing is I start a reply, then if I begin doubting an answer I'll check it out in AutoCAD and sometimes take long enough that time has expired. Maybe if I was a young gun and quicker with the mouse and keyboard it wouldn't be a problem.

My secret is 10 cups of coffee. You'd be surprised how quickly you can type and look up stuff at the same time. LoL

I know it's there, just a habit I haven't embraced. The thing is I start a reply, then if I begin doubting an answer I'll check it out in AutoCAD and sometimes take long enough that time has expired. Maybe if I was a young gun and quicker with the mouse and keyboard it wouldn't be a problem.

I have never had that happen, though I can often take a while composing a response, as I am inclined to include graphics.

If you click remember me, the cookies are on your box, I never unclick it.

How is your new system working out for you Patrick?

I used to get logged off when opening a post with tagged code in it. The Remember Me box stopped it. That, and dumping IE.

How is your new system working out for you Patrick?

It's pretty awesome Dadgad. I had (have) the option of going with Win 7 or 8. For the time being I went with 7 but have a partition in reserve to create a dual boot into 8, though not installed as yet. My favorite thing is the Nvidia Quadro card it's like an old friend is back in town. My specs have been updated under Computer Details.

After the win I threw out an idea to the management at Cadalyst about writing a series of articles for the magazine journaling a transition from r14 to 2015 if they could persuade Autodesk to confer a license to me. It worked out that I now have a copy of 2015 and loving it. I haven't looked back.

Well done, you silver tongued devil! Glad you won, and are enjoying the ride. :beer:

I would have opted for Windows 7 too, but good to hedge your bet against,

God forbid, they should make Windows 8 into something one might prefer to run.

I have Windows 8 on my newest box, but still prefer Windows 7.