Design Centre Home Problem

DB007

I'm trying to use the design centre and have set the home to a file on our server. When opening DC it often doesn't show the correct file/folder location (sometimes works fine) When I navigate to it manually within DC I get this error message:-

Web Client Network is not accessible. The network is not present or not started.

When I search the location in windows explorer I can see the file and I can open the file in AutoCAD no problem using file open. So it seems to be a Design centre issue.

Anyone know why it might be happening. Same in all versions of LT we have (2011-2015). All on windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

You see this error message Web Client Network is not accessible. The network is not present or not started. but you think it is a Design Center problem? I'm not following your logic.

I Appreciate what your saying... I mean I don't have a problem accessing that location any other method except for when i'm within the design centre. Therefore i'm assuming the issue is linked to the design centre, but not necessary it's fault.

What does your IT department have to say on the matter? Let me guess. It's their (AutoDesk's) fault not ours. Does that about sum it up?

Are all versions of AutoCAD running the latest service packs?

What steps have you taken thus far to troubleshoot the problem?

That does pretty much sum it up. Not much help as no other department has an issue. Solution:- Create the file local to each of the machines. but that would be a pain the ass.

All the AutoCADs do have the latest service packs.

Im kinda stuck with the troubleshooting as far as I know there's not really much that you can tweak in the design centre and my lack of knowledge and administration access of our networks is pretty much non existent.

Hence the post and was praying someone might have come across a similar situation.

There are other departments running AutoCAD that can access the files they need via the Design Center but they are not experiencing the same problem?

No, its just the one department that uses AutoCAD and this is the only time the design centre has been used.

Sorry I meant in previous post no other department has any network access issues which is why it is not a priority for the IT department.

It should be a priority or does your company not care that it costs them money when you have to interrupt work to troubleshoot a problem on your own?

This is a network version of AutoCAD LT right?

Could there be a momentary interruption in the network that causes Design Center to forget the path to the needed files? Bad connection? A cable that got chewed on by a mouse? Electrical interference of some sort?

They don't see the benefits of the design centre.. 'Just open the file and copy the blocks from one file to the other' is all I get.

All the LTs are standalone installs not network versions.

Have you spoken to the head of the IT department?

This sounds like it happens randomly. Is that actually the case?

Did the IT tech check the Event Viewer?

Have you tried researching the problem at the AutoDesk website?

Are you on Subscription?

When did the problem first occur? Was there ever a time when you did NOT have the problem?

Unfortunately I don't have all day to troubleshoot your network related problems. That's the job of your IT department. But here are a few other questions I have.

Do you have a static IP address? You could try a different one and see if that has any affect.

Has the IT department cleaned out all TEMP files?

Does the Event log in the server report any issues?

Does the Event log in the client machines report any issues?

Could there be a momentary interruption in the network that causes Design Center to forget the path to the needed files? Bad connection? A cable that got chewed on by a mouse? Electrical interference of some sort?

+1

If it works sometimes, then it is more than likely not an AutoCAD issue.

It does seem random which is the odd thing. I will put your questions to them and see what I get. Your help is appreciated, thanks for your time. I will post back if it get it resolved.