drawing circles on an inclined surface

mirvakili

I have plotted an inclined surface with revolve command. I want to draw many circles on it. how do I draw many circles on this sloped surface?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• mirvakili

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Either change your UCS manually or make use of the Dynamic UCS feature in AutoCAD to reorient it so it matches the slope of your inclined slope.

How many circles do you require?

What is the diameter of the circles? Are the all the same or different?

One way to create the circles on the sloped ring would be to do just one, extrude it, rotate it to match the slope of the ring (135 degrees I believe), do a polar array then subtract the extruded circles. In addition to knowing/using the Circle, Extrude, Rotate, Array and Subtract commands, as I previously mentioned, you will have to know how to reorient your UCS so that when you draw your circle it will be in the proper orientation relative to the slope of the ring.

HolesInSlopedSurface.jpg

Maybe this might help.

There are probably a couple of other ways to accomplish the same results.

I am not saying that my way is the best way. It is but one option.

Please accept my great appreciation for your answering.

I want to draw many circles 12.5 mm in diameter and the space between circles are 50 mm.

how can I use dynamic UCS in autocad 2014? I changed ucs manually but circles separate from inclined surface.

another way that you suggested to me is proper. I try to draw by this method. but I like to learn how I can use dynamic ucs.

please help me.

I drew circles on sloped ring. but seems that it s not true. I selected ucs view in tool option. I attached my dwg file.

I cant rotate cylinder in the right direction.

please help me.

There has only been one drawing attached to a post by you.

I've been using AutoCAD for quite a while so most of the time I reorient my UCS manually rather than use the Dynamic UCS feature. To do this at the keyboard, for example, my input might be UCS > X > 90. This will rotate my UCS about the X axis 90 degrees.

One of the reasons I do not like the Dynamic UCS feature is that at times it seems to have a mind of its own and would rather reset itself to a plane that I am not working on. I find that very frustrating.

BTW...a circle with a diameter of 12.5 is going to be very small indeed compared to your ring. What exactly are you attempting to draw if I may ask?

Another question. Where on the ring are these holes located? Are they at the midpoint of the slope?

And just to confirm re: spacing. The center-to-center distance between circles will be 62.5 is that correct?

Edited by ReMark

Ring175Holes.jpg

Without exact answers to all questions I can only guess at what you want so this is what I came up with.

The holes are 12.5 diameter and the center-to-center distance is 62.5. The holes are located midway up the side of the ring. There are 175 holes each at an angle that is roughly 2.05 degrees.

Visual style = Conceptual.

actually circles on sloped ring must not be puncture. because these circles are the way of gas passing in my reactor. indeed, circles must be draw on ring afterward ring will be deleted. because ansys cant recognize the punctured ways.

its better to draw circles on circles way as you draw. but I couldn't draw and draw on a right line. please describe to me how I can draw circles as you draw, but not in a single row. the space between rows must be 50 mm. thank you so much

So the diameter of each circle is 25 and not 12.5. OK.

Where are the circles located on the ring? Never mind. I just saw your drawing. That's a lot of circles.

If the circles don't puncture the ring, and the ring will eventually be deleted anyway, what do the circles actually represent? Are they tubes?

its better to draw circles on circles way as you draw. but I couldn't draw and draw on a right line. please describe to me how I can draw circles as you draw, but not in a single row. the space between rows must be 50 mm. thank you so much

You might have better luck drawing the circles for one column in a top view then switching to an isometric view and rotating them.