• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• mirvakili

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This circles extrude to cylinder with 20 mm length.

indeed, I need A 3D ring with many 2D circles overlaid on it.

can you send me this dwg file?

you solve a big problem for me. thank you so much.

Now you want the circles extruded outward 20 mm?

I'm sure you can do this if you think about what needs to be done.

Maybe these two images will help.

RotateHoles1.PNG

Draw a line 470.9331 in length.

Draw nine circles spaced 50mm center-to-center.

Note the position of the UCS circled in red.

This is a SE isometric view.

RotateHoles3.PNG

Change the orientation of your UCS so it looks like the one circled in red above.

I'm assuming too that you also know how to change the Origin of your UCS as well. Note that I have it located at the end of my line.

After changing the orientation of your UCS use the Rotate command to rotate the line and the circles -45 degrees. That's minus 45 degrees not plus 45 degrees.

All you need do now is move the circles to the inner face of your ring using the end point of the line as your base point then create a Polar array. Set the number of objects at 175. The center point of the array is the center of your ring.

Got it? Good. Now do it. I'll wait. Don't disappoint me.

RotateHoles2.jpg

thanks for your good helps. I did every you thing that you said. but It isn't true. I tried all yesterday. I don't know where I made mistake. I attached may dwg file.

please see it and tell my faults. dist1.dwg

I can't view your drawing at the moment as I am not on my CAD computer. I will do so shortly though. Be patient.

thanks for your good helps. I did every you thing that you said. but It isn't true. I tried all yesterday. I don't know where I made mistake. I attached may dwg file.

please see it and tell my faults.

I think your UCS was incorrectly oriented and that is the reason your array of circles is not in the proper location. BTW...I notice too that the array of circles is basically flat rather than sloped.

I am having a difficult time understanding how you are drawing a reactor in 3D with knowing how to properly position the UCS either manually or via the Dynamic UCS feature. I'd very much like to see the entire drawing that you have thus far constructed. Who is checking your work?

Alright. Time to put an end to this. I've attached a drawing with the 3D ring to this post. The ring you want to use is on layer 0, color white. The circles are contained in a single block.

I think you would benefit from an AutoCAD 3D course. Contact your local AutoDesk reseller (the company that you purchased AutoCAD from) or go online and look for the Murray State CAD Institute and sign up for their online class. The cost is less than $400. It would be worth your while to learn as much about 3D as you can if your job is going to require you to do more of these types of drawings in the future.

3Dringwithholes.dwg

reactor doesnt has a complex structure. it is a cylinder that have many tubes it inner. I learned draw cylinder and tubes. they are right. but I couldn't draw distributor of it.

any way. thanks for your helps.

Honestly, you would benefit from a 3D course if this is the type of work you will be doing more of in the future. In the meantime you best acquaint yourself with learning how to manipulate the UCS so you can draw on different planes whether they are flat or inclined. Start by looking in your AutoCAD Help files then find online tutorials both static and video. Finally, practice, practice then practice some more. That is the only way you will get good at this. Good luck.

Thanks alot. I found that what my fault is. I selected reference point for polar array on the center of ring (the center of circle) but your mean was the middle of ring.

thank you so much. you are right. I didn't know any thing about Autocad. but now, I learn it little. I will go to a class for Autocad.

I'm very glad. :)

I was not implying that you don't know anything about AutoCAD. I merely said your knowledge of 3D when it comes to the UCS is insufficient. There's a difference.

yes. I know. but I worked with Autocad only one month so my knowledge about CAD is little special about 3D.

may I ask you any problems in CAD?

You have only used AutoCAD for one month?

How much training have you had or are you self-taught?

You can ask questions here at CADTutor about anything AutoCAD related that you want. There are no restrictions. Forum members are free to reply to any thread/post they want to. You were just unlucky enough to have gotten my attention with your 3D problem. Luck of the draw as they say.