Exporting XYZ values from Revit

bennyboy86

Hello finally starting to use Revit, and the first thing we get in is a 3D site layout with XYZ values, we need to import these values into CivilCAD.

how can i export the XYZ values?

have exported as a DWG file and comes out great but the Z value is not included.

im sure people have asked this before but any help would be grateful.

thankyou.

What type of Revit objects are you trying to export x, y, x values from? If you are talking 3d structural or architectural features then I'd say basically forget the idea. If you mean site spot levels for grading of a carpark etc then it is probably easier for you to manually input the z values into the imported points in Civilcad. As I'm sure you know, Civilcad does not work well with (extensive) vertical 3d data basically on top of itself.

As for point clouds or anything similar in Civilcad, again don't bother.

I went to check out what CivilCAD could do as far as importing data from other platforms. Is this, http://www.civilcad.ca/index.php, what you are using? I couldn't get past the first paragraph with the typos. I saw those and thought to myself, "I wouldn't want to use this." I couldn't read any further.

BTW, Organic is a Revit hater so you have to take his comments with a grain of salt and a good filter.

have exported as a DWG file and comes out great but the Z value is not included.
You have to export from a 3D View to gain the Z values from the export process. Any other View exports as flattened 2D XY values only.

I went to check out what CivilCAD could do as far as importing data from other platforms. Is this, http://www.civilcad.ca/index.php, what you are using? I couldn't get past the first paragraph with the typos. I saw those and thought to myself, "I wouldn't want to use this." I couldn't read any further.

No. http://www.magnet-tour.com/civilcad_magnet/ is their website (which is crap with them trying to push their somewhat new albeit sub par 'Magnet' release). There are two civil/survey programs by different companies that are both called Civilcad.

Edit: actually yes, that is it. It is just not the main software site by Topcon and it is some other random site.

The other program by the same name is Civilcad by Sivian.

BTW, Organic is a Revit hater so you have to take his comments with a grain of salt and a good filter.

Not at all. If you reread my post you will find I was saying Civilcad will likely be the constraint and problem, not Revit.