I want to create custom hatch pattern own my choice?

afrazawan

I want to create custom hatch pattern own my choice can some one help me or tell me any LISP or tool please urgently

Afrazawan, if you cannot find the pattern you were looking for in the extensive collection suggested by ReMark, it may help to post a sketch of what you were looking for (even drew in MSPaint). This way someone may be able to locate or even design it for you.

There are hundreds of free hatch patterns to be found via the Internet. You just have to be creative when it comes to your search criteria.

BTW...Ralph Grabowski wrote a three part series about creating custom hatch patterns. I'll see if I can provide you with a link to the first page.

Found it! Lessons 12, 13 and 14 of the upfrontezine called Tailoring AutoCAD. Here is the link to Lesson #12. When you get to the bottom of the page there will be a link to the next part and so on. Happy reading.

http://www.upfrontezine.com/tailor/tailor12.htm

I want to create custom hatch pattern own my choice can some one help me or tell me any LISP or tool please urgently

I'm not taking any credit for the various code. I am simply one beggar showing another beggar where to find bread.

In the following post I have simply put together a tutorial of how to use the custom hatch pattern" routine that is featured from Cadalyst. Since the routine only allows for lines and points, you can use the "Segs.lsp" file to change curved objects into line segments that represent the curved objects.

Link to blog post: http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/10/11/autolisp-make-and-save-custom-hatch-pattern/

~Greg

I think I may be able to help, although I'm not at my desk right now and don't have my notes. I did this in school, and you can make literally any hatch pattern you want. Investigate shape files and see what you come up with. I remember drawing some objects, turning them into shape patterns, and making my own custom hatch pattern. Give me a day or so and I'll review my stuff.

Interesting

LISP or tool please urgently
it must not be that urgent today is the 12th June and we still dont know what sort of hatch pattern is wanted.

my dear i will create it own my choice but how to create and upload it in hatch directory /folder please i have .pat file but how to upload it

This board does not allow upload of .PAT files.

Save the file as a text file with file extension .TXT and upload that instead.

I think that our friend, Afrazawan, i looking to load his/her custom hatch patterns collection (PAT files) into AutoCAD.

Please take note that in order to have a custom hatch pattern visible to HATCH command that file must be placed in a folder from Support Files Search Path list - just place it in your folder of choice (i.e. C:\MyHatchPatterns) and call OPTIONS comand and add that path in Files tab.