Error Upon Opening AutoCad

slauer12

So I have began working on a project and this project has hundreds of drawings in hundreds of files but when opening about 20 of these files it says that their are N errors found and recovery is suggested. When I use recover it fails and opens a blank Drawing 1. I have tried to audit and purge the file but neither work. I have exploded all the blocks and that doesnt help. I have copied and pasted the model space drawing to a new file and that fixed the problem but that deletes all text in the attributed blocks and I don't have the time to go back and edit all of the blocks. I have to submit this project with no error messages so just ignoring the error message is not an option either. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks

What program were the drawings created in?

Can you attach a representative drawing file to your next post so we can have a look at it ourselves?

not sure what the drawings were created in they we created by an outside contractor and no sorry i cannot

can block definitions create these errors because if i explode all the blocks and copy and paste it the errors go away?

Anything is possible.

Without a sample drawing to view and test it would be difficult to pinpoint the exact nature of the problem and from the sounds of it you don't have all day to play 100 questions. I hope you find a solution to your problem. Good luck.

well i switched to regular autocad instead of autocad lt and it solved the problem so it must be something that the lt cant open that causes the errors. maybe smart objects from revit

Or possibly 3D objects? Once again it is difficult to diagnose what is wrong with the patient if he/she won't come into the exam room. Catch my drift?

well i switched to regular autocad instead of autocad lt and it solved the problem so it must be something that the lt cant open that causes the errors. maybe smart objects from revit
There was an issue here yesterday that sounds similar. Making sure all the Z values (elevation) were set to 0 pretty much solved the issue for the OP to be able to edit in LT, a drawing created in full AutoCad. The drawing had a few dozen objects with a non-zero Z coordinate.