Devices not visible when iserted into drawing

Ski_Me

I have created some devices through the content builder but they are not visible when I place them, not really sure where to look first to correct this.

I have created some devices through the content builder but they are not visible when I place them, not really sure where to look first to correct this.

Try posting in the MEP forum not the MAP 3D forum.

Try and change the display rep to electrical, Mep two line or any of the others. If it displays then the device does not have the right classification. The classification controls what objects are visible for different display reps. Layers are there but they are not the only thing that determines what is visible.

The other thing is devices are styles, and not built with the content builder. You can put connectors on mvparts. If it was built with content builder did you use solids for yor blocks? If not they will not show up in model view and might not show up in plan view if you did not use your own top view block. Does your device show up in an view direction?

• 2 weeks later...
Try posting in the MEP forum not the MAP 3D forum.

This is the MEP forum I think you might be a bit confused.

This is the MEP forum I think you might be a bit confused.
Not originally, you have been posting a lot of your threads in the Map forum and a moderator moves it to the MEP forum. "Map 3D" and "MEP" links are both close together and similar in nature so it's easy to get them confused.

:)

If you don't need the 3D model part it may be easier to make a device instead of a MVpart. Devices can also have a 3D model block but can be circuited with a load. I don't think MVparts can. They can have connectors that wires can snap to but they will not circuit to panels or have loads.

Just have your 2D block ready and go to the style manager. Go to electrical-devices. Click new. Name the new device. On the view tab choose new, name it plan. The box below can now drop down, choose your 2D block. In the box in the lower left choose your display rep "plan". Uncheck all the boxes next to that except top and if you want, bottom. If you want it annotative check the box. The original block should not be annotative. This is the point where you can make it annotative. You can always come back and change it. The box for an annotation block would be when you add another block to the same plan view. This block would be say, 75cd. Now when you install the device you would have two blocks as one device but the 75cd could be moved around separate after placed. They would be moved together if you moved the strobe.

On the connectors tab you can assign a load. On the classifications tab you can classify your device so it will only show up in certain display reps. You can classify as close as you can with the built in classifications, it won't really matter for now. When you get into the display manager you can play around with that. It just another way of controlling the visibility of objects instead of layers.

Try out your new part. On the home tab click add device. On the pull down menu, change it to current drawing. Find your new device and install. Panels are built the same way. I am sure you can get creative with it and come up with some way of using devices and property sets to do your calculations.