Why so many Command: Command: Command: on startup?

tmelancon

When I initially startup cad i see this...

Regenerating model.

Command:

Command:

Command:

Command:

Command:

Command:

Command:

Command:

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.

Just curious as to how to debug to find out whats causing this so I can silence them or hide them. I have tried a couple things but haven't concluded yet.

Any help is appreciated. God bless

Also FYI when I exit out of my mini "X" and start up a new blank file I get this...

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.

Loading CUSTOM.LSP WITH CUSTOM PROGRAMS

Command:

Command:

Thanks

Loading CUSTOM.LSP WITH CUSTOM PROGRAMS
There's your answer. That custom lisp program that someone installed, probably for a reason, is executing commands.

:stop:STOP:stop: trying to fix it.:nono: If that is a work computer, you need to talk to a co-worker in drafting, the cad manager, or IT department to find out what it is for before you get out on a limb and saw it off behind you.

Since it is not really typing the commands out, you only see the command prompt on screen. It is probably loading some custom subroutines that can be used for various things.

There is a way for someone VERY familiar with lisp code to stop the command prompt from being visible while it's running but it will have to be done correctly so it doesn't stay invisible.

With all do respect, my question was how to debug and figure out exactly how to proceed to fixing this or silencing that prompt, not explain what its doing or who to go and talk to.

I am the CAD manager, I am just unfamiliar with exactly how to track down the piece(s) of code that would cause this. I know code is executing commands because im the one who is executing certain commands.

I.e.

(command "gridstyle" "0")

(Command "script" "update")

Etc. Etc.

Im just not a skilled programmer to know if I coded it properly, and thats where I continue to evolve and if there is a better way I should do it. All of my programming knowledge is strictly from trial and error and years of just poking around. Hence the reason I asked for assistance.

Please chime in if you can assist me on "how to debug and silence these command prompts" and make it better.

Thanks so much for your response I really appreciate it. God bless

Whitout seeing the aforementioned custom.lsp is difficult to guess. One aproach will be to ensure that CMDECHO system variable is set to 1 in your template drawing to ensure that dialog of commands called from AutoLISP is shown on screen.

Please add the line below at top of said custom.lsp:

(setvar "CMDECHO" 1)

With all do respect, my question was how to debug and figure out exactly how to proceed to fixing this or silencing that prompt, not explain what its doing or who to go and talk to.

I am the CAD manager, I am just unfamiliar with exactly how to track down the piece(s) of code that would cause this. I know code is executing commands because im the one who is executing certain commands.

I.e.

(command "gridstyle" "0")

(Command "script" "update")

Etc. Etc.

Im just not a skilled programmer to know if I coded it properly, and thats where I continue to evolve and if there is a better way I should do it. All of my programming knowledge is strictly from trial and error and years of just poking around. Hence the reason I asked for assistance.

Please chime in if you can assist me on "how to debug and silence these command prompts" and make it better.

Thanks so much for your response I really appreciate it. God bless

With the same due respect, this post contains enlightening information that makes you sound far less like a noob. Honestly the first two posts, to me, read like you were fumbling around possibly causing yourself more issues.

The best way to get help is to outline the issue in detail up front, and possibly attach examples of the problem to a post here. Some indication of level of experience also would help make the answers more clear.

I only peruse the lisp forums in order to learn how to do it myself so I am no expert even though I spent 25 years writing business applications programs.

The experts are seeing this, and will jump in now, so I will get out of their way.

...my question was how to debug and figure out exactly how to proceed to fixing this or silencing that prompt

It should be pretty easy, just make all startup code inaccessible by AutoCAD (IOW, move them to a folder that ACAD is not looking at). This includes, but is not limited to the startup suite, acaddoc.lsp, acad.lsp, acad.rx, custom mnl files, etc.

Fire up AutoCAD again, and examine.

Close it down, add one piece of the puzzle back in, and repeat.

It shouldn't be too difficult to determine which startup file is injecting which prompts into the command line.

This might be of some help also: http://www.blog.cadnauseam.com/2008/09/01/what-is-loaded-at-autocad-startup-and-when/