Zoom Extents Issue

Guest PAB12

Guest PAB12

I am currently working on a project in AutoCAD electrical 2013 and I have been trying to do a zoom extents before I save and close but I have one drawing that is a different zoom when I zoom extents in it compared to all others in the project.

They are all in the same AutoCAD E project and all made from the same template.

Any ideas

Then it is possible that you have an object somewhere way off in space that forced the view you are seeing now.

One thing to watch out for here is an empty text or mtext object. (Usually in a drawing from an old version of Autocad).

You zoom extents, it zooms out to way bigger than your drawing geometry but you can't see any object object out there because its an empty text.

To find it do EDIT, SELECT, ALL, this should show up the grips on any empty objects out in hyperspace.

Older autocad's don't purge these empty objects.

If the empty object won't purge (or superpuge if you have E.T). then you can get rid of them by:

DELETE, SELECT, ALL, REMOVE, select the geometry you want to keep, ENTER