Very Large file size, tried the usual culprits

Hello,

I have a gigantic file size that I can't seem to iron out. The file is currently sitting at 13mb+ . I have tried clearing filters, purging the drawing, and even went as far as copying the lines I need to a new drawing. When I copied to a new drawing the file saved as 14mb+. I did a test and deleted everything from drawing, did a purge, and for some reason, the empty drawing is 13mb+. I am at wits end as to why this is occurring, any tips would be greatly appreciated. Due to the file size the drawing is really slow to work with.

Do any of the linetypes have the letters "dgn" as part of their name?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I do not see dgn, but I think you are on to something. There are OVER 9000!! linetypes in the drawing (10676 to be precise). Only problem is I cannot delete them :/ When I try to it says

"The following linetypes cannot be deleted:

Linetypes ByLayer, ByBlock, and Continuous

The Current Linetype

X-ref Dependent Linetypes

Linetypes referenced bylayers or objects

As there is nothing in the drawing, I think we are dealing with X-ref Dependant layers. Any ideas how I can get around this and clear some of these out?

STOP!

The linetypes most likely originate from a Microstation drawing entity that was somehow brought into your drawing. AutoDesk has a tool for removing the linetypes and cleaning up the drawing file.

AutoDesk has released the DGN Hotfix for AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 and its related vertical products. To obtain the hotfix start with this link...

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hotfix.html

STOP!

The linetypes most likely originate from a Microstation drawing entity that was somehow brought into your drawing. AutoDesk has a tool for removing the linetypes and cleaning up the drawing file.

AutoDesk has released the DGN Hotfix for AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 and its related vertical products. To obtain the hotfix start with this link...

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hotfix.html

That did it!! Awesome, thanks a lot.

I'm glad I was finally able to help someone today.

You're entirely welcomed. May you have a sparkling day from here on out. :)