how to extrude this profile about the center (Inventor 2014)

Sengna

I want to extrude the center profile 1/2" about center of the 2 cylinder, extrude just about that red arrow symmetric, how do i do that? my issue is that the center profile started for the edge of the cylinder.

CR Rod.jpg

Pracetice CR.ipt

I went back to edit sketch 2, i thought it's already on sketch 2.

Your sketch2 is actually on the same plane as the surface of the 2 round extrusions.

If it were me, and I'm probably doing it wrong but it works ;) I would copy and paste the middle section of the rod into sketch1 and then delete sketch2.

Make sure that your lines attach to the end bosses I had to apply a tangent constraint to the big end and delete then redraw the parallel lines to the small boss because they didn't connect to it.

Capture.jpg

I went back to edit sketch 2, i thought it's already on sketch 2.

Rotate that image around a bit and what do you see?

XY Plane.PNG

This is stunningly basic stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

Oppp, i know what i did wrong, when i created the center piece, i created new sketch instead of click on the face of the cylinder, i clicked on the plane. I fixed it now, i can extrude just about the center.