Client wants DWG files...

sonnyamorales

"He stated that at some point, somebody won in a court regarding this issue, even though he believes it's wrong."

Your lawyer can believe it is wrong until the cows come home but it won't do any good until the law is challenged and eventually changed.

"What happens if the CAD operator at the architects firm inputs the wrong values?"

That's why companies have insurance covering "errors and omissions".

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tzframpton

• Organic

• RobDraw

• f700es

It is impossible to check and validate a model if the checker cannot use the software.

Impossible, really? You've got your head so far into the cave, that you cannot see the light.

Impossible, really? You've got your head so far into the cave, that you cannot see the light.
Haha, exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. When I read his response I rolled my eyes and just laughed.

My boss is an architect and you will not find anybody better than him at Revit. He's a Revit Family genius. In fact, most passionate architects that use Revit are phenomenal at it because they are passionate at being architects. At my last company all the new generation EIT's and architects were all great at using the platform.

Andy's blog comes to mind about architects who are also awesome at using Revit. Some of the thing he accomplishes in that program as an architect is beyond words. Organic has once again shown his boastfulness, believing himself that he has access to all the world's knowledge regarding all the architects, engineers, designers and construction minds throughout the known world and knows exactly their skill sets and work flows. I wonder if Organic has ever admitted he was wrong about something? I bet not.

:)

Your lawyer can believe it is wrong until the cows come home but it won't do any good until the law is challenged and eventually changed.
This point was already implied in my sentence and entire post.

Meh, I've seen it both ways. Architects that can actually use CAD/BIM and those you can't. The ability to use a design package is not a requirement of a license. Same with engineers.