Viewport plot scale @ A3

richard3009

When a viewport scale is set ready for plotting how do you know what paper size that displayed scale is set for. Is it governed by page setup ?

Set up page set up manager to your sheet size, have your template the correct dimensions then draw uou viewport on a layer that doesnt print, then select viewport scale.

and put a scale bar in paper space.

I have a previous post with dynamic scale bars and templates if you need them.

In my link there is a scale bar thats dynamic, meaning you just double click it and insert what scale you are using i,e 10 for 1:10 so when you print to your A3 you should be able to put a ruler on the scale bar and read the correct donominations.

then if you measure your printed drawing you just times the dimension by 10 to be real life 1:1.

Some pepole have basic scale bars drawn in different scales i,e 1:5, 1:10 then saved into blocks but with a dynamic one you can just click and change to what you set your viewport to, hope that helps.

Gazza

To (perhaps) clarify - the scale bar doesn't affect the scale that you set on your viewport. It is an aid that you can use when you have plotted your drawing to mesure and see if you have the correct scale set.

Like people have said before: Page Setup Manager is where you set what paper your are using. (paper. have you ever seen paper!)

Viewport Scale is where you set what scale you want your drawing to be displayed at.

The two are not connected.